Kayak Sailfish off Dania 1/29/12 - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That is some serious s*** dude... ballz indeed.. hell of a catch...

Brave Guys! Not enough Freeboard for me. Nice Catch! I was out one flat calm day back in the last century. I was sitting on my cooler eating lunch when a huge fin came out of the water and went right by my skiff no farther than 2 feet away. The fin was taller than I was sitting on the cooler!!! If those Hammers are that curious of an 18 ft flats boat I can't imagine being charged by one when you are in Yak!!!! SCARY

Thanks fellas! It definitely has it's exciting moments in more ways than one. Worth everybit of it. My buddy and I have literally done the sunup-->sundown trips in the summertime covering up to 50miles between drifting and paddling only costing $20 for the day between parking and bait. However...no high speed trolling.

sweet work on that sail! As for the hammerhead... DANG!
    How To Start A Charter Fishing Business
    Trade Secrets Revealed On How To Become a 6 Figure Fishing Guide

nice job! not sure if it's you but a few weeks ago I was running out of PE, it was a 1-2' chop and a little overcast, not the best of visibility. There were two kayakers about 300 yds apart. One of them had a flag sticking up about 3-4', the other one did not. It was VERY DIFFICULT to see the one without the flag, the flag stood out from a long way away. I greatly appreciated being about to see the one guy easily. Anything that you can do to make yourself more visible would be appreciated.

Nice Job. My first sailfish was caught off a kayak. When I was in college @ FAU in Boca I would fish offshore before classes. Great times doing that. Plenty of nice kings, tuna, muttons etc... Nice drop offs just north of the boca inlet.

The life guards would always shake their heads when they saw me paddle in with an assortment of "offshore" fish.

Its NOT the boat that catches the fish.

Dpdash - Not sure if it was me out there, I think I was out that way then. As for sticking out, I have a 14' Orange kayak and always where a blaze orange shirt. Can't miss that, It took me some time to give in to wearing those bright colors, but, it pays off.

Amazing job man, thanks for the pics!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12