Miami Dining by Boat

Florida Sportsman

Miami Dining by Boat

Anyone have recommendations for boat-accessible restaurants with dockage around downtown Miami that are open for dinner? I've heard of a couple newer places somewhere on the River but not sure where they are. Rickenbacker Fish has mixed reviews. Any ideas?

Haven't been around thereat night in a long time. Some options that I know of:

- Bayside - nothing to write home about

- Monty's (not in Downtown, but about a 5 min ride to the channel)

- Other option would be the Miami Beach Marina. There's a restaurant there, but I can't remember the name. It's right by GC.

- There's a Brazilian steakhouse in the Four Ambassadors called Porcao. There's a small marina there for residents. Call the restaurant and ask if you can dock at the marina. It's right by Downtown; actually off of Brickell.

Think about anchoring on the East side of the IC off of Rickenbacker Marina or off of Crandon Park and prepare a picnic. You'll get a great view of downtown and spend less $$.

Hope you have a good time!

Live in Weston and mostly fish out of Haulover.
    You have Garcia's on Miami River, Chart House and Scotty's landing down by coconut grove, Bayside has a wide assortment of restaurants from Hard Rock to Hooters and everything in between, Monty's by government cut right across from the Coast Guard base, Shuckers on the north side of 79th st causeway off Maloy channel and Duffy's just north of 163rd st bridge. All of these places are withing a half hour boat ride at most.

Duffy's!!!!!
    BIG BOY FISHING TEAM
    MIAMI, FL

they all suck. one of the biggest ironies of boating down here. haven't been to the remodeled Rusty Pelican. I guess that would be the next adventure.
    But if you only have love for your own race
    Then you only leave space to discriminate
    And to discriminate only generates hate
    And when you hate then you're bound to get irate

If you are a member or know someone who is, the Snooker Club on Fisher Island is not to be missed - not cheap, but you get what you pay for, and it's an experience. You can moor temporariily in the marina on the south side of the island - security is tight, but members are ok there on a temporary basis.
    Last edited by Idlewilde; 01-31-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Los Ranchos at Bayside...emerald snapper or churasco-sp?...very good and the grilled pork is also good...black beans and rice and plaintains...YUM YUM...and that tomato/onion condiment on the crusty bread...I could almost make a meal off that...
    2802 Trophy WA, 2x225Merc EFI's...sunk unamed storm 12-09looking for boat #10

Big fan of Los Ranchos but that's not warerfront dining by boat. You are essentially in a mall.
    But if you only have love for your own race
    Then you only leave space to discriminate
    And to discriminate only generates hate
    And when you hate then you're bound to get irate

Choices have improved - you just have to experiment. I head to the Miami River - first stop is the Epic Marina, if you can find a spot (call dockmaster on vhf) - you can eat at Zuma outside or Area 31 - both very high end. For more casual eats, , right around the Miami Avenue bridge is an irish pub in the Neo Vertica condo - it is called Waxy O'Connors - tie up is riverfront and a bit "rough" use fenders for sure - just past that is one of my favorites - Finnegans River has rawbar seafood, a open swimming pool, several bars indoors and out - plenty of big screen TV for watching games, pool lounge chairs, public hot tub and day beds for "hanging out" they have live music weekend afternoons (sometimes) and most weekend evenings. Keep going up river for best seafood in town at either Garcia's or Casablanca - they are adjacent seafood places with attached markets (most forum members should not need this!!) they are located on the north side of the Miami River past the I 95 bridge. One game plan is to spend the day drinking on the river and then buy a few whole snapper to put in your cooler for braggin rights!!

Outside of the Miami River there are: Bayside for a variety - Montys at S. Beach, Monty's at C. Grove, Scottys, Chart House, Black Point Marina, Fishermans Cove at Hidden Harbour Key Biscayne (name?)

If you are into a long run, hit Alabama Jacks at Card Sound or Gilberts at Jewfish Creek - Gilberts has a great outdoor cafe with beach, music etc. Great on Sundays when the motorcycle gangs show up.