Yankee capts 1-20-12
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yankee capts 1-20-12

Sorry Guys for this late post i been dealing with my dog in the emergency room ,he has a very bad case of pancreatitis.
    We almost lost him and thats like our kid. Well enough sad sorry and on with the fishing story. AAAAAAWWWW man it
    was on like donkey kong.I brought my cousin down there and has oonly been to the tortugas 2 including this one. I
    took him on his first trip on the FFF and caught 4 muttons. And now he stepped on the killing machine the YANKEE
    CAPTS. and lets just say he had dinner plus his biggest mutton weighting at 20 pounds WooooWWW!!Now thats big it took
    me many many trips to get one that big. I'm sure some of my lil tricks in my back pocket help ...
    Guys if you havn't been on one of these trips i would really try to make it. There is no where to catch these trophy
    muttons in such quantities. Here are some pics

My cousin with his biggest mutton 20 lbS Wow!!!

Becarfull with that guy in the background sneakyyyyyyy.lol

Another yankee capts blacky

Nice going... Hope it still red hot when I can make it happen. Love the beauty of the blacks.

i have always seen these reports and have definitely put this on the bucket list

The Post Guy cometh.......... How did you do?

Becarfull with that guy in the background sneakyyyyyyy.lol

Junior bulldogger in action!

I will get you those pics.

Hope your dog is doing good. Mine always seems to get sick when I am down there fishing.

Jason

Bull Doggin Your Post!

Only fitting and i would like to add that I love fishing the pulpit.

I had a great time and was happy to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones.

A big thanks to Glenn for sharing one of his patches with me. Was not very rough but I was feeling like doodoo there when we first started fishing.

As always Greg and Matt put us on the fish and the boys worked the decks. I need to teach Josh how to take a picture though (see below.) Overall they made my trip more enjoyable (as the plaque says.) Molly is still walking around with her #8 fishtags Chad gave before we left the dock.

Great job in the galley Joe!

My first fish was a best for me, this nice black. My Boga said 28, the fish guy at the dock said 24. I am going with 26.

I caught it on a speedo chunk Bobby shared with me. I payed the good bait karma forward and shared some fresh flyers with some of the newbies as I caught them. There were a bunch of first time mutton catchers on this trip. One guy caught a 20+lb mutton on a "Google" eye Bobby gave him.

I did not put my first mutton in the box until Saturday afternoon and ended with 18. This was one of my largest. Notice the legal size Jarbas in the background.

Back to the dock and re-united with my girls! Always the best part of my trip, sharing all the stories and showing them my fish.

My "BallyHoop" catcher! Can't wait for her little brother to join the fray.

Bobby edged me out on big fish, but I still think mine looks bigger!

Again, notice the legal size Jarbas in the background!

Thanks for the fun.

Hope to make it down with my Dad before the season ends.

Postguy

Jason
    Your Black does looks bigger, did it empty its content on the way up too quickly, Hehe? Hate that mutton drought when the gang is hauling and you have to wait your turn, I shared your pain on my last trip. Great pay-off on the home run.

yo j erial weight is right because mine weight 25 at the scale.Throw that boga grip away lol...

Nice Trip, You got to love Fishing the tortugas!
    :smoking:smoking:smoking

that looks like a throw back jarbas to me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast