1/26/12 Stuart night run

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1/26/12 Stuart night run

Just got in from a great snook bite at the bridges in Stuart. I took Jeremy (snookcook) and a friend of mine Austin out to the bridge for some evening fun. First couple casts I got a few hits and I hooked up on one that was stripping line when I fully locked drag on my Penn Battle 5000, got this baby up to the piling and called for the net, soon as someone grabbed the net this snook pushing 40+ inches decided not to go in the net and headed right to the fender and broke me off. The second one got to the bridge probably pushing 35-40inches gave one kick before the net and popped my 30lb braid like it was nothing. Jeremy soon got a hang of what I was doing and he made a cast and hooked up and this time I was able to grab the net and land his 35 incher for a great pic and release. After that I hooked up and broke off right at the bridge three more times. Austin was able to hook up and then broke off too. These snook are auto-programed to go straight to the fenders and pilings right when getting hooked up. I decided to call it a night at 11:30 after running out of tackle and some major complications with the spiderwire braided line.The best bite was in the first into the second hour of the tide change. We were throwing hawks and doing what I call the "slow and low" technique, and a good tip is to size up on your lines and reels. It was definitely a great bite while it lasted.

Jeremy with his perfect fat 35" snook caught at the bridge
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010430 (2).jpg 
Views:	490 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	18731
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 323620_2620913597848_1105410032_32113849_602939055_o.jpg  

nice snook!!

Great job!

Good job. Some big ones last night!!

Thanks for having me along last nite. Awesome nite, Great to meet you.

We'll do it again next week maybe! Even though I didn't get mine up for a pic, you got yours up and that means mission accomplished for the night. All the break offs just add to experience and adds to the disadvantage of being on the bridge. Would have had those fish I got landed if we were in the boat.

Nice snook guys. I need to get out and do some night fishing, I'm having withdraws....

Tight Lines..

great report man and beautiful snook. are you anchoring on the pilon and standing up there fishing. if so is that better then just staying in the boat?

Man, that sounds like a fun! I have to get out there one night with you guys and return the favor on my boat with another trip.
    Your Southeast Florida Real Estate Resource !

www.HomesOfTreasureCoast.com

www.WaterfrontHomesOfFlorida.com

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Dave View Post
    Man, that sounds like a fun! I have to get out there one night with you guys and return the favor on my boat with another trip.
    Ooooo...I'd take that trade!!!!
    If the fish aren't bitin', I jump in and shoot them....
    www.Gilmore-Chiro.com
    Fort Pierce's Hometown Chiropractors' ! Dr. Gilmore & Dr. Schoch....We've got your back !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast