Catch it, cut it, cook it, video it: Win a GameSaver Bronze

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Managing Editor

Catch it, cut it, cook it, video it: Win a GameSaver Bronze

Every FS member who posts a video of some aspect of their seafood prep or of cooking seafood will be in the running to win a FoodSaver GameSaver vacuum sealer. The maker of the best video - judged by a Forum poll at the end of the three month contest - will win:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FoodSaverR GameSaverR Bronze Vacuum Sealing System - RGB.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	18684

Rules: Video must be made by a registered member and be no longer than 3 minutes running time. April 26, 2012 ends the entry period.

Subject matter is about seafood, prepping, cooking, how to do a recipe or technique.

Post your videos to this thread.

The first 4 members to post a video they've made will win a copy of Vic Dunaway's The Anglers Cookbook:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AnglersCookBookCover.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	18685

What FS chef will reign supreme?

Banned
    I know a guy who made a video but he forgot how to navigate his way back in here. Is there a user guide for this forum?

Here's a short video about how I photograph food for my Sportsman's Kitchen column in Florida Sportsman. Shooting and editing video is a 'reach' for me, but I'm finding making them is fun. Hopefully you'll learn something from this one! http://youtu.be/vc7o99WMeao [URL="http://youtu.be/vc7o99WMeao"]

CaptTommy. I do believe your recipe has made it to the May issue of Fl Sportsman. I have never noticed this tab for the kitchen but I found it. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by reelhooker View Post
    CaptTommy. I do believe your recipe has made it to the May issue of Fl Sportsman. I have never noticed this tab for the kitchen but I found it. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
    Yeah, pretty cool but I think he works for FS. Most of us just post our recipes here to share. I don't think I've seen his posted yet.

In any event, the video event is coming down to the wire. Just a couple of days left...
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem" Ronald Reagan 1985

Okay, I am horrible at editing but here is my first video. I will be posting a lot more to follow. This is for a sweet and spicy pompano fish taco with mango chipolte ranch. I hope you all enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1MF8...ature=youtu.be

Managing Editor
    Yes, we have a winner!

Since Tommy Thompson's video is about photography more than food prep, his doesn't qualify.

Reelhooker wins the GameSaver!

And we look forward to more of your videos on here, reelhooker.

Send me your address via davidc@floridasportsman.com

and I'll send you the GameSaver.

Publisher
    Okay, I am horrible at editing but here is my first video. I will be posting a lot more to follow. This is for a sweet and spicy pompano fish taco with mango chipolte ranch. I hope you all enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1MF8...ature=youtu.be
    Nice video reelhooker. Congrats on the new GameSaver.

Thank you. I am working on some more right now actually. I have a couple were i'm using the gamesaver to cook Sous-vide.

Publisher
    Thank you. I am working on some more right now actually. I have a couple were i'm using the gamesaver to cook Sous-vide.
    Nice....before we know it we'll have a cooking channel star, fresh from the Sportsman's Kitchen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast