Yankee Capts Trip 1/20 - 1/22
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

Yankee Capts Trip 1/20 - 1/22

Fished with the Yankee Capts again this last weekend and although I don't have any pics I can tell you it was nothing short of an awesome trip. As Greg has posted on his site the white boxes and the blue box were full. If you have never done one of these trips this year seems to be the year with the more normal weather pattern than we have had in the last two years. Muttons and Black Grouper ruled the trip. The mates did a great job as usual, and Joe in the galley did a great job as well. Look forward to my next trip in early April on the 3 Day Mutton Marathon.

Thnaks for writing a report Kevin.

Nice to see you.

Greg

I also went on this trip and would like to add my 2 cents. The mates are awesome as usual. Both capt Greg and Matt did a great job putting us on some phenomenal catches. 80 % of my catch was caught on 3 stops late Saturday night. Every stop late saturday yielded 3-5 average size muttons for me. Saturday during the day a lot of really nice ARS were caught and had to be thrown back. They did back off and let muttons and grouper take some bait after a bit. Dinner Saturday night hit the spot, Joe is doing a great job in the Galley.

One last thing for everyone who would like to go on these - please figure a 20% tip into your trip budget. The mates work their asses off and deserve every penny. Won't say anything else on this subject, but they could have done much better on this trip.

Alex
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sflskier; 01-24-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Great job guys. Thanks for posting a report. Maybe some more guys will add more pics (hint hint). I have not been on the Yankee since the beginning of December and I'm going thru withdrawals.

Cape Coral Fla, was Long Island for 52 years
    Nice job fellas..ditto on the withdrawls
    Capt Bill

Sitting here in Jacksonville and looking at you in the Keys is killing me. Thanks for the report, pics, and envy I now have. I have to ask because know someone else will, what was the hot bait?

I also went on the trip. Had a blast. The Crew did an excellent job at gaffing all the fish and worked hard all day and all night. They did an awesome job at keeping us on fish the hole time. As soon as one spot just started to slow down, We were off to another. All I can say is , the first trip you will take will not be your last. Im addicted. Thank you everyone one the Yankee Capts. I will be back in April or May...

Good bait as always is fresh dead goggle eyes and fresh dead ballyhoo.

Nice fishing guys that gaint grunt aka silver snapper lookd huge ,wait was that bigger than the mutton lol wow