Shrimpin Miami - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shrimpin Miami

Bass Pro Shops. Dicks Sporting Goods, Some bigger tackle shops all should have them
    A bad day of fishing is better than a great day at work!! Tight lines my friends

walmart

Tried out Kmart, they didnt have any, so i went to Kendall Bait and Tackle.. They did have any either but the guy there said tommorrow they will have 12ft and 18ft nets... I said ill take the 12ft... Thats more than enough from a kayak i think..

Hey anyone going shrimping tonight? got word that they were running on the Rickenbacker last night so i might head out

Well that was *****ing hard... Didnt catch one shrimp!! Its hard to work the light and net at the same time, plus being so close to the water you dont have a good angle at seeing the shrimp.. I ended up tying off the yak on the bridge and standing with my flashlight on the ledge of the bridge.. Saw a couple in 30mins but didnt get em, was a little rusty.. I think it would be easier to just set up somewhere with a nice light instead of doing it from the yak..

Lol damn. Well I know with shrimping it's either 2 shrimp or there everywhere so maybe it was a bad night bc if there thick I'm sure it would be a little easier. Oo well at least u tried n thanks for the report
    A bad day of fishing is better than a great day at work!! Tight lines my friends

Went shrimping again Wed. night; didnt see a shrimp from 6-9:30 so i left.. oh well.. maybe they'll start running again soon

Are u using a spotlight or floating hydroglow? Saw some reports in the south forum that they were running

Ive got two flashlights, one that stays put and one that i hold... Wish i had somethin better but it's better than notihng.. I'm a little unconfident in my spot too.. I tie off on the ledges where the boat channel is on the main bridge and shrimp from there.. Thought it would be a great spot but havent had luck.. Couldnt see a better place to shrimp from so i just shrimp from that ledge..

I went shrimping when i was like 14? 15? somethin like that behind the miami herald.. I had a good friend whose dad worked there, and we would set up with flood lights and there weree ALWAYS shrimp.. Maybe his dad just knew his stuff but im not seeing shrimp like i did back then.. Im not the most patient person in the world either so if i don't see shrimp i get frustrated.. I'll check out the south reports.. i really want some shrimp, not only is it good eating, but great bait.. We used to catch enough shrimp for bait for the whole year..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12