1982 Pro Line 24' Flatback - Page 5

Florida Sportsman

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks again Capt, I debated on awl grip, or having the new gel coat done, and ended up going this route to "complete" the build. It was one of the higher items that was done cost wise, but I think it was worth it.

Also yesterday one of the boats that the Coarsey brothers built was in for to have a few dings fixed up and some motor work done. I thought I would get a few pictures of her. I think they make a beautiful boat. This is their own line and was modeled after the pro line flatbacks.

They also do alot of repair work on all other boat types and makes. Anyone needs their info please let me know. They are craftsman and proud of what they do

Went by today and dropped off my powerpole. Wanted to take a look and see what she was looking like now that she is rolled back over. Heres what we got.

It starting to look like a boat. I don't think they are going to make this Fridays 60 day deadline, but such is life. The console is being sprayed today and the tower is ready to go back in. He still has to make the leaning post/livewell and all the fabrication is complete. I will post pictures again later this week or next week.

Your boat is coming along, should be real nice with all of the accessories you picked up.

Any more info on the Corsey brothers 2400? Pricing and construction? Looks pretty nice and there is a niche for them.

There boat is sharp. Had I known about it before I bought my hull I would of probably gone that route instead. But as I was allready attatched to mine, I continued on my path. The Coarsey brothers have rebuilt several hundred of the old pro lines (since my boat has been there, I have seen several original flatbacks come in for various repairs). They said they took notes on all the quirks and tweaked them and made a boat that still has the shape and lines of the flatbacks, but without the issues. They also are not a production company in the way that they make each boat custom to the buyers wants. I am not sure on pricing, I am hoping that APE will chime in. And as far as construction, again I am not the most knowledgable builder, but everything is done the correct way the first time. I have nothing but respect for those guys and the amount of work that I am getting for my money on my old boat is awesome. If you would like a number to reach them I am glad to provide it. Or glad to meet you up there and introduce you sometime.

To follow up with Patton222 question about pricing of a brand new boat without a motor/rigging it will run in the high 29K area and then with a few add ons like special console, leaning post, swim platform, extra coolers, trim tabs, live well, fresh water tank, raw water wash down, trolling motor, and other stuff it could push it to 38k if it is all custom. It doesn't include a motor or trailer but they have dealer prices on Yamaha and Owens & Sons Trailers build custom trailer for the 2400 Proline.

These are just ball park ruff estimates, all of the work is custom so every item has a $$ amount for each piece.

As far as the construction goes it is all marine grade decking and stringers that is built to last a lifetime of use and the attention to detail is better than high volume production boat companies.
    Last edited by APE; 05-08-2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: added info

Very nice, very nice indeed.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
    Quote Originally Posted by gill netter View Post
    COMMERCIAL FISHERMEN WILL BE HERE FOREVER. WE WILL CONTINUE TO WORK AROUND YOUR STUPID LAWS!!!!!!!!

So I changed my mind on my trailer builder and think I am going to have Owens and Sons slideon trailers build me a custom trailer for her. I am going with an airboat trailer so the boat will fit between the fenders and loose height doing so. This will put me with a wider trailer, probably around 106" or so, but this is exactly how my other boat trailer is and its not an issue. I have asked for aluminum trailer, tandem torsion axles, all stainless hardware, all led lights, stainless brake componets, led pipelights on guide poles, as well as some type guide boards to keep the boat away from the fenders when loading or unloading. And some type of steps up the front for safe easy boarding. Got to get some measurements as soon as I can to make sure they get the fenders set right, but other than that should be good to go. Anyone have good or other comments on their trailers? Love to hear your thoughts

I was just over there getting new tires put on my trailer, I can't say enough good things about those guys. You will be very happy with the trailer that I can tell you now, they go above and beyond and the way they set their bunks up is the best you will see anywhere.

I was up today and got a few more pictures. All the hardware is on the gunnels now, pop up cleats, rod holders. The hatches are almost completed. The anchor locker storage hatch is being completed. I am hopefull that on next weeks vist the console and tower will finally be on the boat and we can start seeing some big changes.

Heading to St Pete tomorrow to meet with Jeff at Owens and sons trailers to get the trailer build started. Ready to get this boat to work and start paying some of her bills off. But I am learning patience thru this process if nothing else.

Ordered my trailer today with Jeff at Owens and Sons. Those are great people, you can tell it as soon as you walk in the door. I went with an airboat style trailer which will sit lower and the boat will fit between the fenders. Tandem drop torsion axles, stainless brakes all around, led lights both pipelights up top and also lights on the bottom. Spare tire and hub, and boarding ladder. Looking forward to seeing their work. Pick it up around the end of the month.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast