Married in the keys June 4th!!

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Married in the keys June 4th!!

So as it turns out, I found the greatest woman in the world to marry me, after this you might agree.
    So the plan was to get married on the beach, we found a nice place called Rainbow Bend Resort, fantastic place, friendly, clean, boats are included with your room! The wind blew 20-30 for a week and a half straight except for 1 day. The wedding was planned for Saturday, so naturally the bachelor party was Friday, 4 of my closest friends and myself took out a charter with Capt, Jeff Rella, I have fish with Jeff many times before and he is the best captain you could ask for. since the seas were so sloppy we opted to go back country and look for Jewfish, sharks and permit. got started with the first bait going in, a 10 lb jack crevalle, down he went, about 2 minutes later I was hooked to a freight train!! 3 more big baits went down and 3 more either cut off or hook pulls, finally we get the hook into one solid and a big black tip comes aside, rod get passed around a bit for the next few hours, everyone got to catch a blacktip or bull shark and a Jewfish. Most of the Jewfish were between 40 and 60 pounds, except the one that me and my buddy Steve teamed up on, he got the hook up and after 20 minutes or so fighting a piano, his arms cramped, so I gladly jumped in and finished this guy off, we took a few measurements and are guessing around 300 lbs, don't waste your time saying "that's no 300 pounder" I don't care, I was there you were not.
    So after all this madness, Scott decides to take the rod one more time and try for another grouper, he hooks up and its probably a solid 50 pounder, see video to see the rest of this disaster!! HAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwoitx0J8wE

So the wife drops on me, honey, I got us a guided bonefish trip as a present to us!!! I've always wanted to catch one, and here's my chance, but not before my new wife, she got the first one, I got one an hour later. The wind was terrible, those fish are not easy top spot, a lesser guide would not have found these fish, Capt Luke Kelly is the man!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gN0u_iFge8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHxhZL7-KY

Last edited by Anger Management; 06-24-2011 at 04:22 PM.

finally figured out the pics
    Last edited by Anger Management; 06-24-2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: nt

I watched this with the wife sitting next to me and she says "and you expect me to go diving with you in the Keys while you spearfish?!?!". LOL
    Final Point Charters

Specializing in Inlet/Nearshore trips in the Sebastian Inlet area
    Come fish the World Famous Sebastian Inlet and see what all the hype is about!
    Check out our website for rates and booking information.
    772-584-1239

Congratulations.

nice

Congrats! Nice fish and a great experience, thanks for sharing.

2009 Maverick HPX Micro

Pretty Work on the fish and the marriage. Did you eat at the Hideaway? Great food. My cousin got married the following weekend at Hawks Cay. Be glad it was windy. The wind had died down that weekend and it was miserably hot.
    JBC

Chaos Tarpon Bay
    Ocean Master 31

congrats!

congrats, and some nice fish too!

Congats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast