Meeeeeeshigan! - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Meeeeeeshigan!

Ball Hit The Ground, No Touchdown.
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

BucYouUp68................OUT

The ruliing I've heard in recent years is that a receiver needs to have a hand between the ball and the ground for it to be a catch...which would nullify the catch last night.

But, the announcer last night was saying that "the question is whether the ground aided the catch", which last night it didn't.

What is the official rule???
    http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j216/canepole34996/teams.jpg

Coale is a hell of a player and that was a hell of a catch. I was shocked to see it overturned but we have seen much worse calls this year. On the other hand, VT dominated the game and deserved to lose by just allowing it to go into OT. College overtime play is a joke and turns into a run, run, run, kick half the time, I hope they look into changing it.

Banned
    The receiver's elbow hit the turf before the hands/ball/whatever hit the turf. Touchdown.

i was going for VT all the way, even though i am a UM fan. Lots of respect for Beamer and Beamer Ball.

I think the Coale catch was indeed a catch. The ground did not assist him nor did the ball move when it impacted the ground.

However, what was Beamer thinking when he called the fake punt? That cost him 3 points and the game.
    But if you only have love for your own race
    Then you only leave space to discriminate
    And to discriminate only generates hate
    And when you hate then you're bound to get irate

That is NOT a catch. Great call by the crew upstairs because they got it dead on. The ball was basketed and continued to move (no possession) until both the player and ball hit the ground (while the ball was still barely moving) and the ground helped to secure the catch. Great call.

No it was a catch. Or it should have been. A great catch Ground did not help him catch the ball.
    The entire basis for replay is irrefutable evidence to overrule a play on the field. It wasn't there.

Banned
    I'd like to take one more look at the replay to make sure, but for now I'm sticking with touchdown.

Ball Hit the Ground, No Touchdown.
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

BucYouUp68................OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Calusa View Post
    The receiver's elbow hit the turf before the hands/ball/whatever hit the turf. Touchdown.
    I agree with you and the announcers. Catch.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast