What's Happening Down There???

Florida Sportsman

What's Happening Down There???

Hi Guys....Happy New Year!!!....and time for a party, celebrating the fact that the Holidays are OVER for another year!!! I hope everybody survived.

I arrived in Florida, about 2 weeks ago and have been busy doing maintenance on the house. Gonna put some new tires on the vehicle and then I'm thinking about a Keys trip. So what's happening? Last time I was in the Keys in January, I killed the permit, west of Key West....the fishing was great. But then, that Winter was a lot warmer than this one has already cracked up to be. I'll bet water temps are warm enough now, but when the next front comes through, that will go away fast. Oh well....

So hows about a report? Is Key West all booked up? What are the chances for a mini-bash get-together?

I fished with Impallemeni on the 31st at Marquesas. We saw a about a dozen Permit over the day on the flats. I caught only one. He had some stories about you in the old days and your "tank" skiff. Tons of big Cudas were out there too and I caught a few of those. Other than that its been sort of slow over the last few weeks when I have been out. Fished with Carlisle in mid Dec. and we could not find any bonefish or permit out back. He said water was too cold but its been in the low 70's up to about 75 and I found a couple of places in the high 70's on darker bottom. I found lots of reds at Flamingo.
    Big cold front pushing through tonight that should shut it down pretty good for awhile on the flats. I am headed back to the mainland for a few months until Tarpon season.

You know I'll be around.

Rob
    Largest Private Charter Vessel in the Lower Keys
    www.easyridercharterskeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.