Fishing the Orlando Princess - 1/21/12

Florida Sportsman

Fishing the Orlando Princess - 1/21/12

Went out Saturday on the Orlando Princess as a friend had bought 4 half day Groupon trips that were expiring. We had a great time and the staff was really on their game. We reserved spots 1-4 on the back and settled in. We immediately talked to one of the deck hands and "took care of him early" since I saw that they had brought pinfish on board in the livewell. We made 4 stops in total and caught a huge trigger at the first spot on the first drop. We then proceeded to catch the almost extinct ARS and then another and another and I think I saw 6 or so come in over the rail at 15lbs+ and then another dozen or so smaller ones (3 - 5 lbs). There was one real nice grouper caught that won the pool at 22.5 lbs. The crew was great and gave me 2 of the pinfish to use which I got hammered on and lost the first bite and then hooked up with a 19.5 ARS at the last spot (Thanks guys!). There were a couple cobia caught but just shy of keeper size and also there were 6 flounder that made their way over the rail. All in all a great day and nice to go out and catch fish and not have to clean the boat afterward or be exhausted from waking up at 4:00am or spending $100s in gas.

It was weird to see so many fish caught and then to only have 6 flounders, my trigger and a bonita hanging from the hooks when they day was over, but it is what it is.

Sounds like an awesome trip , just not much you can keep out there. I've been wanting to take my father-in-law on a party boat.

THat's the guys who run the boat. There all great guys , but more importantly, the KNOW WHAT THERE DOING.
    Joseph B...aka...Ancient Mariner
    www.ancientmarinertackle.com

Seems like you guys had a lot of fun out there. Nice Report.

I was out there as well, same day. Spots 1-4 back right of the boat. We ended up with 6 sea bass, 3 Oyster Crushers, and 2 Red Snappers in our group of 4. It was a really nice day out there.

What kind of grouper won the jackpot? Sounds like time well spent!