crystal river 12-17. summer /winter

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

crystal river 12-17. summer /winter

bonnie and i headed out to a nice sunny and warm day ......i mention because thats how it started .... it was the last of the out going tide and we stopped at short point for a few to wait for the tide to turn.....

action was slow but bonnie hooked a nice 19 inch trout....

next we wanted to work some bars, we were in the key west so approaching was a little tricky with a lot of getting in the water and pushing..

we were catching many small trout and monster lady fish. i had a good fighter i thought it was a big lady .....to my surprise it was a pompano.

we ended up with 3 or 4 more keeper trout ,it was around 4 pm and the front was pushing in,along with eiry fog and big waves and cold.

im thinking the water is still warm enough for some good fish on the spoil banks......bait of the day live skrimps....

skrimps

SK: what are skrimps? I ask because the s key and the k key are not close. Nice fish though.Ok, the s key and the h key are closer. Bonnie presents her catch in a much more elegant pose. SK, you look like the fish is wrestling with you, and is winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by shuterkng View Post
    bonnie and i headed out to a nice sunny and warm day ......i mention because thats how it started .... it was the last of the out going tide and we stopped at short point for a few to wait for the tide to turn.....

action was slow but bonnie hooked a nice 19 inch trout....

next we wanted to work some bars, we were in the key west so approaching was a little tricky with a lot of getting in the water and pushing..

we were catching many small trout and monster lady fish. i had a good fighter i thought it was a big lady .....to my surprise it was a pompano.

we ended up with 3 or 4 more keeper trout ,it was around 4 pm and the front was pushing in,along with eiry fog and big waves and cold.

im thinking the water is still warm enough for some good fish on the spoil banks......bait of the day live skrimps....
    Last edited by doolittle3701; 12-18-2011 at 09:44 AM.

my pic was kinda like hurry and take the dam pic, the fish are biting and skrimps are realy the same a shrimp , shimps , simps and any thing that looks close

Quote Originally Posted by shuterkng View Post
    my pic was kinda like hurry and take the dam pic, the fish are biting and skrimps are realy the same a shrimp , shimps , simps and any thing that looks close
    Back in the late 50's & early 60's my Granpappy lived on Ft. Meyers Bch. and used to take us fishing in his boat out to Sanabel & Captiva before the causeway was built. He told us way back then that we were usin "Skrimps" for bait and complained when they went from $.10 to $.15 a dozen!! My Brothers and I have been calling the Skrimps ever since!! Oh nice fish Bonnie & Mike!!! This winter is such a change from the last two!!!!!
    I am what I am and thats all that I am!! > Popeye!

Way to catch em up with the skrimps Mike.
    "Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter

Hey you got a few out there. Way to go. A little more then me. I was east of you by the plant.

some good eats there SK, congrats!

Way to get some nice fishies....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways.

Nice trout and Pompano folks! This nice weaqther is too good to be true but it will asnd did cometo an end.
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber

Nice job on the pomps and the trout. The pomps should be thick along the north side of the spoil banks this time of year. Its cool to see them skip in the boat wake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast