Ethanol Lobbyists vs. Florida Residents -Who will win?
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

View Poll Results: Do you support REPEAL of FL mandatory E10 laws (HB4013 and SB238)?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - E10 should NOT be mandated

38 100.00%
  • No - All gas should contain 9% or higher ethanol

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Ethanol Lobbyists vs. Florida Residents -Who will win?

In follow-up to my recent post at "Ethanol Repeal" thread here: http://forums.floridasportsman.com/s...d=1#post346106
    I feel obligated to make one last ditch effort to get Florida residents interested in this important pending legislation that could reclaim your right to buy ethanol-free E0 fuel...
    Perhaps some are unaware that both FL HB 4013 and SB 238 were postponed this week (December 7th, 2011) - Since both bills are trying to repeal mandatory E10 ethanol blending laws enacted in Florida in 2008, I simply don't understand why Florida residents seem to be doing nothing...

Postponement of legislation often leads to its disappearance.

Those who encouraged postponement of HB 4013 and SB238 (they want E10 mandatory, not optional) include:
    Ag Commissioner Adam Putnam, former Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services Charles Bronson, Committee Chairwoman Nancy Detert, R-Venice, Rep. Michelle Rehwinkel Vasilinda, D-Tallahassee, and many others.
    Bradley Krohn president of ethanol company called US EnviroFuels LLC already has a petition titled "Take Action and Spread the Word- Vote NO on HB 4013" http://biofuelschat.com/topics/set-r...a-hb-4013-vote
    He started a petition (no to 4013) to maintain mandatory E10 in FL. Ethanol always wins b/c the pro-ethanol groups and lobbyists are very active and involved every single day, everywhere- They count on the public remaining clueless and uninvolved.

Support HB 4013 and SB 238 to repeal the requirement to have at least 9 percent ethanol in gasoline.

I believe you should start a petition to vote "Yes" and support the sponsors of HB 4013 Rep. Matt Gaetz of Fort Walton Beach and Sen. Greg Evers of Pensacola, and others...Kudos to the Marine Industries Association, and the very few other companies that took the time to speak-out in support of HB4013.

Don't let the ethanol industry and lobbyists tell you what type of fuel you must use. It's obvious that those who profit from ethanol, such as Bradley Krohn, have the resources, money and motivation to stop the repeal and will continue to force you to use more and more ethanol.

Unless I hear otherwise, I'll assume you don't need any more information from me right now, regarding pending ethanol laws in Florida.
    I had hoped Florida would set a precedent to encourage all others to reclaim their right to CHOOSE to buy ethanol-free gasoline.
    For the past 3 years we've received the highest number of contaminated E10 gas reports from the state of Florida; (EG. Illegally over blended above 10% and water contamination) -
    This is why we sell so many fuel test kits in Florida - Since ethanol in gas profits my company I guess I'm on the wrong side of the fence diligently trying to advocate for engine owners who want and need E0 gasoline. Is it time for me to give-up? I'm not sure...But I am very disappointed and frustrated by all the Florida residents that complain to me about ethanol, but do nothing to encourage (political) change.

All states have (ethanol) laws that need to be reviewed and rewritten, but Florida and the other handful of "mandatory ethanol" states have the most restrictive laws, which IMO go against everything consumer protection laws and common sense support.
    The EPA and federal government do NOT mandate E10 in the Renewable Fuel Standards or EISA - So why does Florida RFS mandate E10?
    If you don't try to protect your rights now, I expect you will be one of the first states to sell E15 and higher blends, which are NOT approved or warranted by all conventional engine manufacturers.
    (Only flex-fuel engines that run on E85 are warranted for gas that contains above 10% ethanol).
    Doesn't matter that the EPA approved E15 for 2001 and newer autos - The engine manufacturers still do not, (fuel system repairs are not covered under warranty if you use gas above 10%).

If you do nothing to support HB 4013 and 238 it would be unfair to speak-out against the EPA -
    Each individual state decides and controls how renewable fuels (ethanol and biofuel) will be sold.

It will cost you much more later if you don't do something now - Good Luck!
    Last edited by fuel-testers; 12-10-2011 at 04:19 PM.

I go out of my way to buy non-ethanol gas

The week ethanol fuel hit Florida, I was in the middle of a 1400 mile road trip
    up one coast, back down the other
    I suffered a 13% decrease in fuel economy with the E10
    Got it back when I switched to straight fuel
    I gladly pay 4 or 5% more for straight gas to avoid a 13%+ decrease with E10

Screw E10

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    I go out of my way to buy non-ethanol gas

The week ethanol fuel hit Florida, I was in the middle of a 1400 mile road trip
    up one coast, back down the other
    I suffered a 13% decrease in fuel economy with the E10
    Got it back when I switched to straight fuel
    I gladly pay 4 or 5% more for straight gas to avoid a 13%+ decrease with E10

Screw E10
    I'm sorry to hear that your little Prius suffered a 13% decrease in mileage. :downtwinkles:

While Florida suffers through high unemployment, record foreclosures and bankruptcies, Florida Republicans want to bring back dwarf tossing, drug tests for government benefits and ethanol free gas. Yet, Florida voters continue to vote these idiots into office and then continue to wonder what's wrong with Florida.

Even if this bill passes, where will service stations get ethanol free gas?

Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister-Jr View Post
    While Florida suffers through high unemployment, record foreclosures and bankruptcies, Florida Republicans want to bring back dwarf tossing, drug tests for government benefits and ethanol free gas. Yet, Florida voters continue to vote these idiots into office and then continue to wonder what's wrong with Florida.

Idiots.
    Lil Debbie called... Your check is ready. She also mentioned a "furry little bonus" what is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister-Jr View Post

Idiots.
    all gas is ethanol free until they mix it for delivery. its pure gas in pipelines and trains because it's too corrosive for them... Yet they think it's okay for us. It makes a 30% mileage difference in my boat. It must make me a little underpowered.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government. "

While the EPA does not require 10% mixture by law, they do require a percentage of all fuel sold be renewable fuels. This requirement can only be met with E10. The reversal of the E10 requirement in Florida will make it legal for the few stations selling non ethanol fuel sell it for vehicle use legally, it will not bring back non ethanol fuel in the majority of stations. Ethanol is also the cheapest alternative for MTBE which is illegal in most states.

From the EPA renewable fuels web page:

The RFS program was created under the Energy Policy Act (EPAct) of 2005, and established the first renewable fuel volume mandate in the United States. As required under EPAct, the original RFS program (RFS1) required 7.5 billion gallons of renewable- fuel to be blended into gasoline by 2012.

Under the Energy Independence and Security Act (EISA) of 2007, the RFS program was expanded in several key ways:

EISA expanded the RFS program to include diesel, in addition to gasoline;
    EISA increased the volume of renewable fuel required to be blended into transportation fuel from 9 billion gallons in 2008 to 36 billion gallons by 2022;
    EISA established new categories of renewable fuel, and set separate volume requirements for each one.
    EISA required EPA to apply lifecycle greenhouse gas performance threshold standards to ensure that each category of renewable fuel emits fewer greenhouse gases than the petroleum fuel it replaces.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/fuels/renewablefuels/index.htm
    "mini-mart magnate"
    I am just here for my amusement

No corn in my gas.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptTater View Post
    all gas is ethanol free until they mix it for delivery. its pure gas in pipelines and trains because it's too corrosive for them... Yet they think it's okay for us. It makes a 30% mileage difference in my boat. It must make me a little underpowered.
    So what? It's the federal standard and a bunch of morons in Tallahasse are not going to change that. Perhaps they should try and do something constructive.

Idiots.

Repeal EISA...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast