PENN Q&A Customer Service Forum Page Now Live
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 76
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    366

    PENN Q&A Customer Service Forum Page Now Live

    Hello everyone,

    At PENN we are dedicated to providing the best possible customer service and are pleased to be joining the Florida Sportsman forum community. Please feel free to submit any questions regarding your PENN tackle and we will be happy to help. The anglers in this community are knowledgeable and we are excited to hear your thoughts. Additionally we invite you to provide your thoughts on the product line and look forward to bringing any insight the members have to our product team.
    PENN Service
    [url]www.pennreels.com[/url]
    [url]www.facebook.com/pennfishing[/url]
    [url]www.youtube.com/pennfishing[/url]

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mobile,Alabama
    Posts
    4
    Will there be a manual (bailless) pick up of the new spinfisher v 6500 made?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    366
    Yes, it will be available in September of 2013 in the 6500 size as a stand alone reel. However anglers will be able purchase the kit to convert other size models from any PENN authorized service center or our factory service center.

    Quote Originally Posted by terrymeier View Post
    Will there be a manual (bailless) pick up of the new spinfisher v 6500 made?
    PENN Service
    [url]www.pennreels.com[/url]
    [url]www.facebook.com/pennfishing[/url]
    [url]www.youtube.com/pennfishing[/url]

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mobile,Alabama
    Posts
    4
    Do you know where I could see a picture of the manual reel at??
    and thank you for the imformation.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    366
    Hello, This is a field test reel. Sorry not the best quality photo but hopefully this helps.

    ssv bailless.jpg
    PENN Service
    [url]www.pennreels.com[/url]
    [url]www.facebook.com/pennfishing[/url]
    [url]www.youtube.com/pennfishing[/url]

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mobile,Alabama
    Posts
    4
    Thank you, I just wanted to see if would be made like the penn 706. with the spool in side the cup.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12
    Has any body else had problems with knob breaking off on the battle 4000? It has happen to me several times on the same reel which i bought for my daughter to use for yellow tailing. And does anybody out there recomend an after market knob i can install? I personally like the Battle products as i also own a pair of 5000's and an 8000 which i am extremely pleased with. But that 4000 knob break off every 4-5 months is driving me nuts.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by mukymanfrank View Post
    Has any body else had problems with knob breaking off on the battle 4000? It has happen to me several times on the same reel which i bought for my daughter to use for yellow tailing. And does anybody out there recomend an after market knob i can install? I personally like the Battle products as i also own a pair of 5000's and an 8000 which i am extremely pleased with. But that 4000 knob break off every 4-5 months is driving me nuts.
    Frank,

    PM us with your contact info, we will send you out a new handle.

    tony
    PENN Service
    [url]www.pennreels.com[/url]
    [url]www.facebook.com/pennfishing[/url]
    [url]www.youtube.com/pennfishing[/url]

  9. #9
    Senior Member Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Fruitland Park
    Posts
    171
    Hi Penn, I bought a New Penn Senator Conventional Boat Combo (6-Feet 6-Inch, 30 Yard/50 Pound 113H/S113 1151520) From Amazon on the first of Jan.. It broke already. The spindle that the start drag threads on to is stripped.. This was the second time I was using it... I did land a big grouper the first time I used it, but I'm pretty sure this was a manufacturing flaw.. A quality control miss on the assembly line. The other threads that are not stripped are cut way shallow. Since it is through amazon that I bought this, what is the proper steps for getting this replaced ASAP. It looks like it is part number 1197430 for model 113h2. Thanks for your help in advance.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna View Post
    Hi Penn, I bought a New Penn Senator Conventional Boat Combo (6-Feet 6-Inch, 30 Yard/50 Pound 113H/S113 1151520) From Amazon on the first of Jan.. It broke already. The spindle that the start drag threads on to is stripped.. This was the second time I was using it... I did land a big grouper the first time I used it, but I'm pretty sure this was a manufacturing flaw.. A quality control miss on the assembly line. The other threads that are not stripped are cut way shallow. Since it is through amazon that I bought this, what is the proper steps for getting this replaced ASAP. It looks like it is part number 1197430 for model 113h2. Thanks for your help in advance.
    Kahuna,

    If you are familar with Penn conventional reels we can send you a new gear sleeve, however if you have never taken apart this type of reel I would recommend sending it in to us to be fixed. Either way it will be covered under warranty.

    tony
    PENN Service
    [url]www.pennreels.com[/url]
    [url]www.facebook.com/pennfishing[/url]
    [url]www.youtube.com/pennfishing[/url]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •