PENN Q&A Customer Service Forum Page Now Live - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SORRY DO NOT REPLY I POSTED THIS WITHOUT REALIZING HOW TO MAKE A THREAD.
    Reply to thread please and thank you 😃

Hi, I stripped the main gear on my fierce 4000 real after not much use. I was wondering if there is any replacement out there that would be better then the original? (From another real that would fit or just an upgrade part). Also, would putting in the ht100 washer increase the durability of the reel?
    Last edited by Cvtovar; 02-12-2013 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Made a thread instead

Thanks Tony for sending the part without any Hassle. I will install it today. I appreciate your customer service.

Hi, Tony. I recently purchased a TRQS9-G, primarily for use when fishing for large yellowfin tuna. While I was assured by my retailer that the reel I received was the latest version, it wasn't; it had a pin supporting the spool rather than a washer, and I was particularly concerned about whether the rotor arm was the newer version or the older arm that would bend and contact the spool at drag pressures above ~30 lbs. My retailer was of little help in rectifying the problem and suggested I contact Penn. As such, I contacted Jan Snow at Pure Fishing, who asked me to return the reel to Penn for an "under warranty upgrade." I did this and the reel's main shaft and spool support were replaced, but the rotor arm wasn't so I assumed I had received a reel with the improved rotor arm already installed. Today I purchased a TRQS5-G, and there is substantially more room between this reel's rotor arm and spool that there is in the TRQS9; I can easily slip a nickel between the spool and rotor arm in the TRQS5 but not the TRQS9. Jan told me that this is the way to tell whether the rotor arm was the improved version - my main concern when I sent the reel to Penn - and I can now clearly see what she was talking about. What should I do at this point? I'd rather not part with the reel for another few weeks, especially since yellowfin tuna season is rapidly approaching. Many thanks!

Good morning waldnerr,

If you could PM us with your name I will look into this for you.

tony

Thanks so much, Tony. I sent a personal message to you; it should be in your Florida Sportsman inbox.

- Ray

Tony, I wanted to thank you and Penn publicly for taking care of my TRQS9 situation. Nobody could ask for better support or assistance!

Tony, just a quick follow-up: I received the new rotor arm this morning and installed it, and the distance between the arm and the TRQS9's spool has notably increased. I can now easily slide a nickel between the two. Again, thanks so much for all of your help. You've again demonstrated that Penn's service is second to none!

I recently purchaced a squal 30 back in may and used it 4 times.After 3rd time the lever on the drag was going back farther than it should and I would have to play with it to get it to go in free spool and about the same time it started to make a noise when I reel up.So being under warranty still I sent back and had it fixed no questions asked great service and quick turn around.Unfortunatly the very next time I used it the same things are happening.I am one to really take care of my things so I don't know what the deal is?? I have heard nothing but good reviews (except from a buddy of mine that had the same issue with the lever drag) about this real and I am wondering if anyone is having the same issue or maybe we just got the defective ones out of a bunch?

Thanks TJ

Quote Originally Posted by mukymanfrank View Post
    Has any body else had problems with knob breaking off on the battle 4000? It has happen to me several times on the same reel which i bought for my daughter to use for yellow tailing. And does anybody out there recomend an after market knob i can install? I personally like the Battle products as i also own a pair of 5000's and an 8000 which i am extremely pleased with. But that 4000 knob break off every 4-5 months is driving me nuts.
    Happens all the time to me
    Tight lines

mukyman/snookangler - we had a bad run of handle knobs on the 3000/4000 size. It was a big problem last summer but we're still seeing a few out there. Happy to send you guys a replacement handle arm (no charge of course)....please PM us with shippping details if interested.

Thanks,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast