yankee capts 11-18

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

yankee capts 11-18

Another great trip thank you Greg Matty and Crew. Cant forget Danny thank you for the this trip.
    The trip started at 90 feet and mutts came up fast but then they slowed down. We tried the next
    spot and the same .But i think Mike and Matt were rocking the boat . Lil bumpy. The weather was not on
    our side but not to bad defiantly fishable. Half way through the trip the red groupers started coming over but just
    short by 1 inch. more nice mutts .I saw a few blacks and one nice gag about 15#. I hope the crew does not get
    mad with this but i cant help to say something.I was given the honor to collect the tips and i was disgusted
    with what i saw. Some people were actully giving a $20 tip. $20 really!.......... Come on guys .Last time i checked
    $20 is not 15 percent. Think back when you hook the dogs aka ''sharks'' and who is there to take them off the
    crew thats who.They work very hard for us. A good tip is $60-$70 a great tip is $80-$100 and $100- up is even better. I know things are bad
    but come on. Thanksgiving trip is going to be a good one guys, wish i could make it .well enough talking and here
    are some pic's.

Joe your teaching this kid to much .He looks like a pro.

First night with a nice mutt and matt in the background.

Hey googan get my hook back lol j/k

Mike with a nice mutt.

cesar and me blasting the muffins.

Another nice mutt.
    27# king pool winner.Thank you come again.
    Nice gag

The crew working hard as usual

My limit and Fire truck 14#
    Mike and I. with some nice fish but bad pic taker lol
    Last edited by snappersnatcher; 11-22-2011 at 01:11 PM.

mike and i with some nice fish

nice gag

# king pool winner

sorry I tried 2 times and just now it worked.I almost quit on the post.
    Last edited by snappersnatcher; 11-22-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Great job, again.

I collected for the mates on a trip last year and was equally disgusted by some of the tips. One guy who had his son along actually said no. Nothing at all for two anglers! The mates work like animals on that boat. Around the clock, they are always there to help. They deserve their 20%.

Thanks for taking the time to post Bob.

As far as the crew getting tips, well what I can say? A $20 bill for a 2 day trip equals $3.50 per person per day. IMHO people should be ashamed of themselves. If I say anything else I will get myself in trouble.

Have a great holiday everyone!

Greg

Thanks for sharing! Great post! You are so right about how little people tip on charter boats. I was on a trip out of NC and one guy seriously gave the crew 5$ for 6 guys fishing. The trip was $100 a person which is nothing like the cost of your trip, but that tip is still horrible. I'm a college student and I gave them way more than that. You must treat those guys well because they work extremely hard. Anyways Good job out there! Tight lines on your next trip!

Great job Booby! Nice job on the Big Dumb Firetruck Red and King, and way to put an assault on those muttons. I knew you would fish harder than me. I just wasn't ready for a physical beating out there. Heard the Dogs were in full force. Glad you brought the tip thing up since a few of us were talking about this last week. What a bunch of BS!!!!! That job is not easy, and those mates don't ever give you a reason to not tip them properly. Take your low number of $60 x 25 anglers = $1500 with 4 mates they each would get $375 for the trip. This of course is with 25 anglers which you don't always get, but a low end tip. Tipping 4 mates $20 over two days is embarrassing especially when they give you no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by jakedge View Post
    I collected for the mates on a trip last year and was equally disgusted by some of the tips. One guy who had his son along actually said no. Nothing at all for two anglers! The mates work like animals on that boat. Around the clock, they are always there to help. They deserve their 20%.
    That's just wrong. It was a three day trip too! 80-100 should be the bare minimum for a three day trip.
    Good job on mutts Bobby.
    Dudley

Thanks guys just trying to help Danny u should of gone buddy

Hey guys I went on the boat and I have around 150 Gogs
    Thanksgiving special 2$ each come and get them wont last
    754 2730160

That's a great deal on fresh gogs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast