Sunday 11-20 rainy report

Florida Sportsman

Sunday 11-20 rainy report

Winds were light and the beach looked flat. Only question was whether those pesky rain storms in the gulf would clear and become partly sunny as the weather man said it would. Well the weather man blew it, but we still went out for a few dives. Flounder hunt. Did a few bridge spans and thank god the vis was pretty good cause the light was very low at 90+ feet down. 1st span produced 6 flounder 2nd span was a very cool dive with 2 big jewfish on it. There were some big big rays laying in the sand also. We shot a few flounder and I shined my light under the span when I saw some big movement (thought it was another jewfish). Ended up being a huge gag (35-40 lber) hiding under the span... We did see several gags that were laughing at us. Last dive was this huge culvert about 20 feet tall. we swam into it and it was like a night dive... found about 8 more flounder inside the culvert and my buddy shot an AJ on the way up.

The water was still rather warm at about high 60's to 70, and the vis was good... just no light from above. Ended up with about 20 flounder (limit would have been 40), so we were a little bummed, but better than sitting on the couch watching football.

As I type this report, it is sunny and warm out there with very flat seas in the gulf... go figure

Regional Administrator Triple Threat 33T's Avatar
    Awesome report! Sounds like a great day even with the weather and 20 flounder with an AJ is a bunch of fish to clean and some excellent eating. Tight work!

Some pics would be cool. You guys ever take a camera down with you? Couple of topside pics would be cool too.

By the way, I'm copying your thread to the Divers Corner Forum. Some great dive reports there as well.

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/f...Diver-s-Corner
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

One of the guys I dive with most of the time just got a go-pro... We would have taken pictures yesterday, but it was getting dark very fast and the cleaning table has no lights at treasure Island. As such, no pics... Too dark for the go-pro down deep (no sunlight) Nothing was really picture worthy anyway... AJ was probably 20lbs, and the biggest Flounder was about 4 lbs (if that)... usually only bust out the camera for "good fish".

All I did This weekend was cut down dead pines on my property......your day sounds much better! That's a great report. Thanks for posting it up......its been a little slow around here.

Nice.

I wish I wasn't driving to Jackson, MS tomorrow. I'd spend a day out of the woods in order to try for some flounder.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"