Photographing your kills - Page 7
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Depth Of Field

Okay.. First off, I apologize for stealing this image, but it is for good reason! It is a GREAT photograph that displays how the use of depth of field can completely change the feeling of a photograph.

Here's one for the 35mm DSLR gang.

This photograph that is a perfect example of how opening the aperture, and compressing the lens of your camera creates a shallow depth of field that will draw your eye to what matters. In this case it's the Buck's head and antlers. Nothing else is in sharp focus but what's important in this photograph. Not that you want to take every shot in this fashion, but taking a few like this adds impact.

So open those apertures and compress those images, boys!

9 point south fl. buck.jpg
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do

I made a short film this year of my duck hunts here are the first two of 4 chapters https://vimeo.com/89520841

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://vimeo.com/88933773

Nice

http://youtu.be/TirtPRiMlV0 a little lake O hunting

I like it when they smile.

[IMG][/IMG]Make sure to light the cigar in it mouth- if your going to clean it you might as well. To me i want the wound to show and if you holding it out (so it looks bigger) i think you have a small ____ and your trying to compensate. Tong out is natural, looks good. Reality is best.[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by TerribleTed; 07-21-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Banned
    Living on the edge...........of the water
    Quote Originally Posted by flydown View Post
    Depth Of Field

Okay.. First off, I apologize for stealing this image, but it is for good reason! It is a GREAT photograph that displays how the use of depth of field can completely change the feeling of a photograph.

Here's one for the 35mm DSLR gang.

This photograph that is a perfect example of how opening the aperture, and compressing the lens of your camera creates a shallow depth of field that will draw your eye to what matters. In this case it's the Buck's head and antlers. Nothing else is in sharp focus but what's important in this photograph. Not that you want to take every shot in this fashion, but taking a few like this adds impact.

So open those apertures and compress those images, boys!

9 point south fl. buck.jpg
    I never looked like that after I get done hunting....

It's a very nice picture, but I always look a bit more "shop worn" than those two rascals after I have blasted something...I just look old, fat and whupped upon...

......and where the Miller Beer cans in their hands...

For those who think you need to haul their pricey 35mm camera into the woods, or have a buddy present to get great photographs of your trophies, this one's for you.

This is a great example of how a little imagination and a decent cell phone camera can turn a great hunt into a lifelong memory.
    Many of you will recognize this photograph taken by our moderator, James14.
    This photograph incorporates not only great composition, but tells the entire story with the use of submissive subjects along with the primary subject. Also the fact that a fresh burn and a gobbler lounger are two of my favorite things doesn't hurt either!~

Well done, James.

James Rigby Turkey.jpg
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do

Very interesting thread, thanks everyone. I never thought about all of this much, I'm one of those guys I snap 2-3 pics then get on about my business...guess thats why most of my pics aren't anything special!!!! LOL

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567