Jigging Rod Characteristics
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jigging Rod Characteristics

Trying to understand some of the characteristics that a good jigging rod should have. Looking to jig to depths of 400 ft using a Shimano Stella 20000 spinner! What type of materials (fiberglass, graphite, reel seat, eyes) would you use on a custom build? Need a rod that can handle up to 10 ounce jigs, when needed. Thanks, Mac

Composite, shielded reel seat and top of the line Fuji guides. You can go top of the line nano technology for the most resilient longevity. Japanese blanks are the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA Jiggin Junkie

II Chronicles 7:14

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Quote Originally Posted by Spineyman View Post
    Composite, shielded reel seat and top of the line Fuji guides. You can go top of the line nano technology for the most resilient longevity. Japanese blanks are the best.

Spiney - "Shielded Real Seat", not familiar with this terminology. Please clarify.
    Last edited by Mac53; 01-14-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac53 View Post
    Spinet - "Shielded Real Seat", not familiar with this terminology. Please clarify.

That is the Fuji composite reel seat with the stainless rings where the reel foot sits for added support.

AKA Jiggin Junkie

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Quote Originally Posted by Spineyman View Post
    That is the Fuji composite reel seat with the stainless rings where the reel foot sits for added support.

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=OIP.rT8...gHaHa&pid=15.1

AKA Jiggin Junkie

Picture is worth a thousand words! Appreciated!

Picture is worth a thousand words! Appreciated!

The reason you use one is my buddy had a 20000 Stella snatched out of a cheap reel seat and ripped out guides and overboard. The big spinning reels put out some serious drag. So heavy duty reel seats are a must

AKA Jiggin Junkie

I’d go with a chaos rod....bought a couple ugly stik jigging rods and then the chaos rod. Well worth the extra bucks.

Trying to understand some of the characteristics that a good jigging rod should have. Looking to jig to depths of 400 ft using a Shimano Stella 20000 spinner! What type of materials (fiberglass, graphite, reel seat, eyes) would you use on a custom build? Need a rod that can handle up to 10 ounce jigs, when needed. Thanks, Mac
    A good speed jigging rod will have a very high carbon content, will be parabolic through the whole blank, and will have good recoil for the desired weight jig. It will have high quality, possibly titanium guides, and a Fuji composite reel seat.

Quote Originally Posted by msk99 View Post
    I’d go with a chaos rod....bought a couple ugly stik jigging rods and then the chaos rod. Well worth the extra bucks.
    These rods aren't on the same planet as high level jigging rods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast