Best Saltwater Tackle Bag ( inshore fishing )
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

Best Saltwater Tackle Bag ( inshore fishing )

Starting fishing more in Florida last few years, and my tackle bags, zippers, continue to corrode, freeze up. Anyone have an ace for a bag. Mostly fish inshore. Thanks,

a couple years back I was given a Shimano "Bristol Bay" (waterproof) bag. I was always complaining about stuff getting wet as some boats tend to have more water on deck than others. The bag is designed to be used as a tackle bag, a cooler or even to hold live bait. When a fish spits up on board and bag gets covered no problem, at end of day zip it up tight and spray down with rods and boat. The zippers hold up fine. after a couple years parts of the liner of an outer pocket is coming undone, but other than that should be good for another year or two. I have never had to worry about tackle, phones go pro, etc ever getting wet ever since i've had this bag. definitely worth it. Not sure if they still produce it but you probably could hunt one down online.

Treating zippers with silicone once or twice a year should solve most zipper problems.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/DuPont-Te...&wl13=&veh=sem

I think if you use silicone you will find even freshwater bags work just fine in saltwater -- so try find one that suits what you tackle you typically carry (there are plenty to choose from) and go with it.

Hope this helps...Mike
    Last edited by Tarponator; 01-13-2018 at 05:03 PM.

Plastic zippers.

I have a couple of the white PVC coated Offshore Angler bags and I fill them with various waterproof Plano boxes.

I love my Shimano Blackmoon backpack, especially given I tend to move around a lot. It wasn't cheap, but the quality is amazing.

I have a couple of these for inshore. Heavy duty plastic zippers , holds five or six 360 boxes , plus plenty of plastics.

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-...stem-blue-gray

For walking the beach , wading flats , etc. I use a sling pack.

https://www.rei.com/product/117966/patagonia-atom-sling

Thanks guys, I actually have the bass pro bag mentiioned johnD but the zippers had issues after a few years, but I never used Silicone Lub. . Will take a look at the Shimano Blackmoon, and buy the SL.

I have that Offshore Angler Boat Bag for the last 4 years. Great bag, plastic zippers, no major issues.

A couple buddies of mine have the newer Bass Pro PVC Satchel bag and it seems to be great... definitely larger, but more pockets and storage.
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

plano guide or z series
    Last edited by eggystar; Yesterday at 03:00 PM. Reason: added more info