ACR ResQLink+
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ACR ResQLink+

ACR ResQLink+

Looking into purchasing an ACR ResQLink+ and "heard" that there may be issues using it outside of the country in which the unit was purchased. I'd be purchasing it in the US for use down on our annual Keys fishing trip, but would find it very useful when I'm at home in Canada the rest of the year and head out to the mountains chasing trout....and evading Mr Grizzly.

I emailed and phoned ACR, but nobody bothered getting back to me, so just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this?

Thanks.

Were you trying to contact them here or whoever reps them up in Canada? I'm just guessing, but most gps units, EPIRBs, etc are a world-wide sales market -and if that's the case they'd be behind the curve if their gear didn't work everywhere....

I wear a one of those units and I'm on the water a lot. I'll be looking to see what you find out, if you'll post it up here. I'm not likely to end up in Canada anytime soon ( I work mostly in the salt water portions of the Everglades...).
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666

Quote Originally Posted by lemaymiami View Post
    Were you trying to contact them here or whoever reps them up in Canada? I'm just guessing, but most gps units, EPIRBs, etc are a world-wide sales market -and if that's the case they'd be behind the curve if their gear didn't work everywhere....

I wear a one of those units and I'm on the water a lot. I'll be looking to see what you find out, if you'll post it up here. I'm not likely to end up in Canada anytime soon ( I work mostly in the salt water portions of the Everglades...).
    I tried the contact in Florida....talked a Bass Pro guy up here in Alberta and didn't have any knowledge one way or another.

Funny how people don't want to venture up here...it's a balmy -30 and a solid 2 feet of ice on our lakes now, lol.

My Mom is originally from Ontario so I know where you’re coming from... She’s only 94 years young - must have been those mild winters....

I know my handheld Magellan GPS worked in Northern Alberta. (near Slave Lake)

I think it just has to do with the monitoring/response side of the equation....

Get a hold of Obsession in the SE section. Chris works at ACR
    Member #10822

Quote Originally Posted by msk99 View Post
    Looking into purchasing an ACR ResQLink+ and "heard" that there may be issues using it outside of the country in which the unit was purchased. I'd be purchasing it in the US for use down on our annual Keys fishing trip, but would find it very useful when I'm at home in Canada the rest of the year and head out to the mountains chasing trout....and evading Mr Grizzly.

I emailed and phoned ACR, but nobody bothered getting back to me, so just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this?

Thanks.
    Should not be any issues in Canada if you register your epirb/plb with the proper Canadian agency.

https://www.cbr-rcb.ca/cbr/presentat...utre/index.php

And for the Keys/United States you can register you epirb/plb here:

https://beaconregistration.noaa.gov/RGDB/index

Thanks Tarpon!

I think the units are supposed to be registered in whatever market it was originally purchased. That's not to say that it won't work internationally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast