Flu shots???? - Page 3
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flu shots????

Quote Originally Posted by tag View Post
    My doc recommends a flu shot every year. Been getting one every year for the last 10 years. So far no flu.
    This....
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    .................................................. ............................
    IBEW LU 433

Quote Originally Posted by tag View Post
    My doc recommends a flu shot every year. Been getting one every year for the last 10 years. So far no flu.
    Quote Originally Posted by DOCKSIDE View Post
    This....
    Let me be your control in this experiment. No flu shots and I can't remember the last time I had the flu.

What about the Spanish flu??

Quote Originally Posted by GA Fin View Post
    I've only had the flu once in my 55 years, about 38 years ago. It kicked my butt.

I just can't get off the fence on this flu shot thing. The factor that has stopped me from getting a shot was the flu like symptoms. It appears from the feedback here that no one has experienced this issue.

Looks like I may roll the dice and get the shot.

Google has no info on the $25. Can you elaborate so that I may partake? Thanks
    It was back in October. It may have been for that month only. Right now CVS and Target are free shots plus a$5 coupon. You need to get the shot at the start of the season.
    My brother works there and tells me every year when they start the deal. I get the shot and free groceries.
    "mini-mart magnate"
    I am just here for my amusement

Quote Originally Posted by mustang190 View Post
    What about the Spanish flu??
    I'm safe. I am Polish.

Johnny walker black count?
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.

Quote Originally Posted by ferris1248 View Post
    From the CDC......

Some news reports have claimed the flu vaccine is expected to be only 10% effective this year, is this true?

The 10% vaccine effectiveness (VE) figure reported in the news is an Australian interim estimate of the vaccine’s benefit against one flu virus (the H3N2 virus) that circulated in Australia during its most recent flu season. In the United States last season, overall vaccine effectiveness against all circulating flu viruses was 39%, and VE was only a bit lower (32%) against H3N2 viruses. Vaccine effectiveness against other flu viruses (i.e., H1N1 or B viruses) was‎ higher. The United States has a very robust network that estimates vaccine effectiveness each season. This season’s flu vaccine includes the same H3N2 vaccine component as last season, and most circulating H3N2 viruses that have been tested in the United States this season are still similar to the H3N2 vaccine virus. Based on this data, CDC believes U.S. VE estimates from last season are likely to be a better predictor of the flu vaccine benefits to expect this season against circulating H3N2 viruses in the United States. This is assuming minimal change to circulating H3N2 viruses. However, because it is early in the season, CDC flu experts cannot predict which flu viruses will predominate. Estimates of the flu vaccine’s effectiveness against circulating flu viruses in the United States will be available later in the season.
    I have heard conflicting accounts of whether the current flu shot will minimize the severity of the H3N2 even though the Australian strain is not specifically in this years shot. I always thought the current shot only protected against the 3 or 4 strains that the epidemiologists included. I also think the antiviral Tamaflu might be important to take for these more severe influenza A strains, that can develop into pneumonia. I am trying to avoid crowds as people are contagious up the 24 hours prior to symptoms, even going to the gym early in the day when now crowded, trying to shop for groceries when stores are not packed. the atomized droplets with virus can hang around in the air for hours so not sure any of that really helps reduce the odds of catching it...maybe a little.

AKA Jiggin Junkie

II Chronicles 7:14

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.