Tosohatchee Hog
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

Thread: Tosohatchee Hog

Tosohatchee Hog

Pulled a Tosohatchee hog hunt last minute in the redraws. Haven't been out there but was thinking of bringing my young son (6) out for a sit. He's hog hunted with me a couple times before, but we didn't see any pigs. Don't want to frustrate him, so far it's been a good experience hes enjoyed. Hoping to at least see one with him in the next trip or two out. Not having time to scout what would be the odds of at least seeing pigs? It looks like from the regs guys run dogs, and part of the wma is only open for the hog quota. Does that mean we could only hunt that area? Or the whole WMA? Thanks in advance.

You can hunt the whole property. That section off 520 is only open during the hog hunt. You have a pretty good shot of seeing one. There are plenty in there.

For what its worth, I hunted Seminole Ranch during gun which is right across the street. I didn't see anything. I spoke to a hunter that spooked a hog on the way to the stand. Only one hog was taken the whole hunt.

There are a bunch of hogs in there.

The pigs move around a bit when the dogs are loose - most everyone I know who hunts hogs there sees some.

Ok sounds good. I am gonna try to hurry t a few nights next week.

I hunted there years ago. There are lots of hogs, just keep moving.
    We where gonna still hunt the area and when we got to the gate, some guys with dogs approached us about going with us. Not sure the rules now, but back then you where allowed a couple dogs per hunter and dog handlers.
    I do not think they had permits, we decided to go with them and turned out to be fun.
    Those dogs will find the hogs and hold them down, we killed several with a knive. Ended up getting 5 that day and we split it with the dog hunters.
    Not sure if this still is a thing, but we did see plenty of hogs.