Bear Attack Naples - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Highly doubt they will relocate any bear who attacked a human. When bear at racked in Sanford I beleive they killed five before DNA showed they had the offender. Lawsuit waiting to happen if you knew it was aggressive and it attacks again.
    The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Hopefully the next man is not dropping his stones on the mountain you are trying to move.

If this happened to me you can rest assured the state of Florida's Insurance provider would of already been placed on notice of the intention to file a claim. I'm sure it's in the works. The state is ultimately responsible for the management of the species and they have clearly failed in their efforts with bears. You can't make decisions based on politics instead of science just to please the snowflakes. It's only a matter of time until this happens with the mismanaged panthers as well especially since the new (non-native) breed of panthers were created by the state. Thank goodness he wasn't killed.
    Capt. Mark Clemons
    Everglades Adventures Inc.
    Alligators Inc.
    Alligators International LLC.
    www.huntsflorida.com
    South Florida's Finest Hunting Safari's for over 25 years for:
    Osceola Turkey, Alligator and Whitetail on over
    75,000 acres of South Florida's most private pristine ranches.

Alligator Processing in State Certified and Inspected Facility.
    Follow our clients results on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/EvergladesAdventures

I'm a bit hesitant to conclude "'X' animal mishap is result of Y state mismanagement." Because then, if the State implements a bear cull, and an attack happens anyways, the answer will always be "more bear cull." Rather, it should be "bear culls are one of many tools for management of and coexistence with bears." Because, after reading several articles on this, it turns out lots of people in that community had seen the bears before and nothing was done.

Have you ever been to a state where Bears are soooo non aware or non afraid of Humans ever Alansb1982... this is a product of 35yrs of mis management.

We should all be suing the FWC for wasting tax payers dollars on a Fully Funded bear study ..an EXCELLENT STUDY, Definitive Study which turned out to be waste of tax payers dollars. This guy has an absolute case against the State after hearing an attorneys take on it this past weekend. Should have never happened. The Commissioners who voted against it should be held responsible as well. If we can't have a Board who hears scientific factual studies which clearly point towards a particular direction they should be held just as accountable. If you dont want to take the job seriously get off

Quote Originally Posted by alansb1982 View Post
    it turns out lots of people in that community had seen the bears before and nothing was done.
    Hence the real problem. People see bears way to often. Bears should refrain from human contact and should be raiders of the night. When bears consistently show up and are not deterred from human presence the clock has started ticking. On the last bear hunt many people had bears they constantly see and made quick work on the opportunity they had.

People should be getting glimpses of the bears but the bear should be avoiding the people. Not every bear that gets seen should be dealt with but any bear the shows no sign of concern should be.

I much rather see permits sold and them show up on dinner tables and giving our taxidermist more work than captured, poisoned and dumped to rot.
    The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Hopefully the next man is not dropping his stones on the mountain you are trying to move.

Yeah, I grew up in CT and NJ, and went to school in VA. Loads of bears. I'm an attorney as well; I'd be interested in hearing what you can remember about how the attorney described the basis by which the lawsuit would be brought against the state.

Let me explain my point a bit differently. It's one thing to say "Failure to implement a bear cull caused this man's injuries." It's another thing to say "Failure to implement a bear cull increased the odds of this man's injuries occurring." I think it's an important distinction, because the first means that, whenever there's an attack, one can hang his hat on saying "well, we didn't cull enough," until we end up getting rid of them all.

In my book not direct line between a single attack case and ability to have a lawsuit. There is room if one feels there is mismanagement as a whole and if management in not in respect to the States responsibility to manage for public trust. Frequencies of attacks and sightings were bears do not refrain from human contact are results of the management practices.

I do believe that if they were to move this particular bear and it attacked again they would certainly be looking at being subject to one.

The Bear study hangs themselves in a noose they cant get out of..

Quote Originally Posted by bgeorge View Post
    I do believe that if they were to move this particular bear and it attacked again they would certainly be looking at being subject to one.
    I agree 110%.

I just cant imagine with blackbears requiring and having up to a 20 sq mile range and the numbers FL has and the diminishing available land they have that this isn't going to occur more often.
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast