When should you visit the ER? - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by conchydong View Post
    Many of those in the ER with sniffles are probably uninsured and possibly illegals. They get treated for free at the ER.
    ^this. Can't be denied at the ER. They should be thanking you for paying their medical bills.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.

Many of those in the ER with sniffles are probably uninsured and possibly illegals. They get treated for free at the ER.
    False! This was fixed by the ACA and I was assured it would keep people from doing this and driving up healthcare cost for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mplspug View Post
    False! This was fixed by the ACA and I was assured it would keep people from doing this and driving up healthcare cost for everyone.
    Did you ever receive your $2500 in savings? I'm still waiting!
    Please stop derailing my thread.
    `Forum Moderator`

Don't call each other names
    `Same Forum Moderator`

Considered taking my son there last night, he was bitten on the face by a spider and it swelled to the point his right eye shut. He's got an appointment this afternoon with our primary. now I have to fumigate his room.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardawg View Post
    Which medical school did you attend?

You must be a brilliant diagnostician to evaluate that many patients just by looking at them.

Congratulations Doctor.

Sorry your wife is sick but a fever is not going to get you to the head of the line.

In case you missed it there is a major outbreak of flu and many people are dying from it. The sniffles is just a symptom of a life threatening disease.

Don't they know who you are?
    Maybe you should give the guy a break, he was sitting in the ER with a loved one in pain. You saying that you wouldn't want your wife/child seen right away?

Quote Originally Posted by fishdish View Post
    Go eat a bag of dicks
    LOL! I pretty sure Gardawg does that on a daily basis

Not a doctor but why do people who obviously aren't in any type of medical emergency go to the ER? Wife went to walk in clinic the other day and they told her if things didn't improve to go to ER. Her temp got to 103 and she was in a lot of pain (she has a ton of tolerance). Told her thats it we are going to hospital since it was 9:30 pm and didn't want to wait through the night second guessing myself. Watching people come in, go through triage, and then going out to smoke and grab food is a bit disappointing. Of course someone having a heart attack or seizure, stroke, etc. should jump ahead but the people with minor flu symptoms? Not exactly an emergency in my opinion.

What really backs up the ER are all the people who dial 911 and get transported via a rescue to the ER. Believe me there are just as many brought in and already in the back as there are sitting in the waiting room. Can't tell you how many times I've been told that someone wants to be transported so they don't have to wait in line. Good luck. Hopefully its nothing to serious.
    Last edited by Firmanjax; 01-11-2018 at 10:15 AM.

There's your answer. Ask any ER doctor or nurse. They will all tell you. Going to a clinic costs money. Illegals will wait until a cold becomes a respiratory infection then head to the ER. The ER must treat them and prescribe the necessary medications. Then they never show for a follow up doctors visit because it costs money.

Quote Originally Posted by fishdish View Post
    Not a doctor but why do people who obviously aren't in any type of medical emergency go to the ER? Wife went to walk in clinic the other day and they told her if things didn't improve to go to ER. Her temp got to 103 and she was in a lot of pain (she has a ton of tolerance). Told her thats it we are going to hospital since it was 9:30 pm and didn't want to wait through the night second guessing myself. Watching people come in, go through triage, and then going out to smoke and grab food is a bit disappointing. Of course someone having a heart attack or seizure, stroke, etc. should jump ahead but the people with minor flu symptoms? Not exactly an emergency in my opinion.
    The only thing that will bump you to the head of the line is coming in an ambulance, or like you said heart attack/stroke/seizure.

I sat there from 6pm one night with stomach pains that were pretty consistent with an appendix being inflamed until 3am. ER dr does a very scientific test.....can you jump up and down for me. So I jump 5" off the ground and as I hit i slink right to the floor in pure agony. They run a scan, "sir your appendix doesn't appear inflamed on the scan".

7am surgeon comes in. "i can run another scan or take it out". "Take the ****ing thing out FCOL!!!!!"

After they remove it, they tell the wife that it was inflamed to the point it could have burst at any minute. But since I was not displaying symptoms of a heart attack or stroke or what have you. you sit.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast