When should you visit the ER?
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

When should you visit the ER?

Sitting here for over an hour at the ER with my wife and it baffles me that we are waiting to see a Dr. because everyone in front of us has the sniffles. She has some type of kidney infection with obvious signs of a fever and infection (shaking, chills, 104 temp) yet there is nothing I can do to expedite her in line to see a Dr. Why do people go to the ER with minor issues? I am about to lose my **** in here!

I hope your wife has nothing serious.

Many people, with no physician relationship, use the ER as their primary health care provider.
    Vote for the other candidate

Thanks. I think she will be fine but I am disgusted at the people in here with no real emergency. Sitting in here BS'ing with masks on their faces. Nobody with visible pain or a bone sticking out. Politely *****ed to the staff and they apologized that they have to treat everyone the same. Another example of what our society is becoming. I'm calling an ambulance next time.

Many of those in the ER with sniffles are probably uninsured and possibly illegals. They get treated for free at the ER.

Those signs and symptoms indicate your wife has/is high risk for sepsis and should treated with priority over those with "sniffles".
    You might have asked the staff for a copy of their sepsis alert protocol.
    Although sepsis can also result from the flu, the triage practitioner should be able to prioritize patients based on their assessment.
    Last edited by NewberryJeff; 01-11-2018 at 07:32 AM.

The emergency room nurse you checked in with evaluated your wife's condition and assigned her a priority. Apparently your wife's condition wasn't bad enough to expedite her.

That said I hope she is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by fishdish View Post
    Thanks. I think she will be fine but I am disgusted at the people in here with no real emergency. Sitting in here BS'ing with masks on their faces. Nobody with visible pain or a bone sticking out. Politely *****ed to the staff and they apologized that they have to treat everyone the same. Another example of what our society is becoming. I'm calling an ambulance next time.
    What, they have to treat someone having a heart attack the same as one with a cold? I don't think so, they still triage...but they still must treat everybody...sooner or later.

Healthy 21-Year-Old Bodybuilder Dies Just Days After Flu Diagnosis

The flu-related death of a 21-year-old fitness buff from Pennsylvania is a chilling reminder that the virus can kill anyone.

Kyler Baughman had a runny nose and a slight cough when he first went to visit his family for the holidays.

Everyone isn't treated the same.
    I was lucky enough to go to the front of the line twice.

To get help faster on a non life threatening ER visit get a boarder patrol jacket and or a ICE hat.
    Or you might try a DEA hat depending on what part of town you are in.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon bait View Post
    Healthy 21-Year-Old Bodybuilder Dies Just Days After Flu Diagnosis

The flu-related death of a 21-year-old fitness buff from Pennsylvania is a chilling reminder that the virus can kill anyone.

Kyler Baughman had a runny nose and a slight cough when he first went to visit his family for the holidays.
    Dies Just Days After Flu Diagnosis, little slow for a ER visit.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast