People driving at dusk/dark with no headlights... - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Believe its law in Florida, if it's raining and you're running wipers lights are required to be on. Also you can get a ticket driving in a rain with emergency flashers going. I also know a lot of old road courtesies have disappeared such as flashing brights from rear when passing another car to let them know your coming around and the car being passed would flash theirs to acknowledge. Today people don't use turn signals or common courtesies. Leave a few car lengths in front for safety and a moron or two will slide their car in there. I also get a kick out of the bumper stickers saying "watch out for motorcycles they're everywhere". That's so true, they're weaving in and out of traffic between vehicles going down the interstates and pulling past you on the right when you're in the right lane getting ready to make a right turn. The riders (not everyone) are often very careless.
    The original - "Renaissance Redneck"

I for one am glad the blind the person in front of you before you pass them courtesy is gone.

HA I have the opposite going on. There's a jeep that is always riding around with their safari LED roof mounted light bar on. I've never had the pleasure of being beside Indiana Jones, but his time is coming

Quote Originally Posted by swampwalker View Post
    I also know a lot of old road courtesies have disappeared such as flashing brights from rear when passing another car to let them know your coming around and the car being passed would flash theirs to acknowledge.
    That must be a very old courtesy. Either that or you misunderstand that someone flashing their brights behind you means move over you are driving too slow.

I just want to know when getting in turning lanes is going to come back in style. 3 times last night in a 1 mile stretch someone stopped in the drive lane and pulled over in a 10' span to get into a turning lane right at the light/street to turn. Turning lanes are there for a reason. Why not use them?

I assume this lunacy will abate right around the monday after Easter, usually does
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.

FYI. The mirrors on all the new trucks have a anti glare coating. So while your passing a truck or hanging out in the left lane in a rain or just a wet road with no lights on I can barely see you. If I have to make a lane change the turn signal is coming on and after s couple of flash’s Im moving over.
    And please do not rely on those automatic headlights, most of the time they don’t work.

You must have been the landscaper with the big trailer that nearly ran me off 417 yesterday. Wait, he signaled half way into the left lane and as I honked my horn.

At least he was nice enough to go back to the right lane after he passed the vehicle he was behind.

Quote Originally Posted by SAENole View Post
    It's getting worse and it's rather dangerous. Seems to be mostly women with the vast majority driving Fords.

Discuss.
    it's an epidemic in SoFla...I see 5,8,10,20 depending how far I go...idiots it's totally dark and they have NO lights on.
    I THINK maybe since newer cars have dash lights on all the time they don't notice...yes I am OLD...dash lights used to only come on when you turned on the lights...if I can get behind them I'll flash high beams on and off, sometimes it works, sometimes not...they are oblivious...end of rant...except for when it rains also
    2802 Trophy WA, 2x225Merc EFI's...sunk unamed storm 12-09looking for boat #10

It's a good thing my vehicle does not have a public address system.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”

Always told my kids. It's not for you to see. It's for people to see you.
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    .................................................. ............................
    IBEW LU 433

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast