Looking for rod information - Page 3
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltygatorvet View Post
    Diawa has a couple of light weight lt lines available. Price point seems much lower than shimano. Iíll be giving them a look on the future after buying one of the new bg reels. Good luck.
    Here is a link to a guy selling a used star rod, looks good and itís been for sale for a while. Not to far from you, maybe make an offer.

http://www.fcka.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10629
    I am looking hard at the Daiwa Ballistic LT and the Fuego LT reels. Super light and decent drag for their size. I am done with Shimano.
    AKA Jiggin Junkie

II Chronicles 7:14

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr

Quote Originally Posted by Spineyman View Post
    Thanks I will check them out.

Thanks for the heads up on West Marine. I have one 5 minutes away and will go check it out. When you say the tip breaks off of the redbone, are you talking the tip itself breaks or the rod itself breaks at the tip?
    The tip of the rod, last 3 or 4 inches, is very thin and very fragile... will easily break a couple inch's from the end. However I have a few of these rods and love them for the price... Used to get them at Sports Authority years ago when they were in business and before they got rid of their fishing department, they would put them on sale for $79.99, and the Calico Jack was on sale for $49.99. No idea where you'd find them today, but the Calico Jack was a great rod for 50 bucks.
    I would still recommend you look at rods like the Terramar, Star Stellarlite, Falcon Coastal... and a few other's already mentioned.

If you really just want inexpensive.. go to Bass Pro Shops and buy a combo's on sale .. you can get the Penn Battle II for like $130.00 for the 2500/3000 size with a 7' rod. If there are any problems you can walk in BPS withe receipt and they are good on their customer service.
    I personally don;t like the BPS Gold Cup rods, I've had a couple and had issues with the guides either the rings popping out or one I had the first guide had a sharp nick that shreded braid, don;t like the quality of their Offshore Angler stuff either.
    Old ****** who just likes to fish

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123