Chick fil A - Page 3
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: Chick fil A

  1. #21
    Senior Member mplspug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Lake Mary
    Posts
    4,884
    I understand all of that and maybe you guys are right, it's as simple as they are the best. But I imagine a good chunk of fast food consumers could care less about any of that stuff? Maybe Chic Fil A just gets ALL of the good consumers?

    To me its just weird because their popularity seems very disproportionate to the rest of the options, even if they are the best fast food place around. Maybe I am just not buying the kool aid yet, because whenever I am getting fast food or take out it isn't the first place that pops into my head. And we get take out enough. The Lake Mary one has the tents for the drive through and extra staff with a line wrapped around the building too.

    I wonder if it isn't more the Apple effect. You know, pseudo cultish where people hold it in high regard if for no other reason than everyone else does.

    This is not an indictment of any of you people or Chick Fil A'ers, I am just thinking out loud. Like I said I like the food too.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Port
    Posts
    1,690
    We often stop at Chic on the way to Hobby Lobby (who aren't open Sundays either). Always have a suspicion so many of these OFF TOPIC posts are really trying a back door sneaky slide into Politics.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Groveland
    Posts
    6,413
    My wife hates McDonalds. I mean if I didn't run in there from time to time she would not eat there her entire life. But when we do go, she gets a crispy chicken sandwich and she likes it every time. But if i even breath the words chic fil a on an outing she's ready to go. I have no idea why. I do think it's some kind of image thing with women. McDonalds=Gross. Chic fil A=the classy fast food place.

    makes zero sense to me. But women make no sense to me. They have definitely fostered an image of cleanliness and consistency at all their stores. those two things sell big time with moms.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    739
    Hardee's biscuits!!! Wish they still had some around this area.

    Had this discussion with my father over thanksgiving, Moral business owners... You're eating chicken for GOD...

  5. #25
    Senior Member fins4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Eastern Tennessee
    Posts
    13,624
    Quote Originally Posted by joekat46 View Post
    Always have a suspicion so many of these OFF TOPIC posts are really trying a back door sneaky slide into Politics.
    Oh my,,,,, the horor of it all.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneMark View Post
    Bojangles has good biscuits also. If you ever see a biscuitville, try them also...
    I like the chick-fil-a minis in the am, but they are a little sweeter.
    We used to go to biscuitville back in the day when we were young and poor and this older lady who worked there took a liking to our hippie asses right and she would give us a big bag of food...."well we are just going to throw it away anyhow...right near closing time..might as well give it away" We were very much appreciative. Hardee's has really good burgers.

  7. #27
    Senior Member jcbcpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    1,366
    Quote Originally Posted by mplspug View Post
    I understand all of that and maybe you guys are right, it's as simple as they are the best. But I imagine a good chunk of fast food consumers could care less about any of that stuff? Maybe Chic Fil A just gets ALL of the good consumers?

    To me its just weird because their popularity seems very disproportionate to the rest of the options, even if they are the best fast food place around. Maybe I am just not buying the kool aid yet, because whenever I am getting fast food or take out it isn't the first place that pops into my head. And we get take out enough. The Lake Mary one has the tents for the drive through and extra staff with a line wrapped around the building too.

    I wonder if it isn't more the Apple effect. You know, pseudo cultish where people hold it in high regard if for no other reason than everyone else does.

    This is not an indictment of any of you people or Chick Fil A'ers, I am just thinking out loud. Like I said I like the food too.
    As a rule, I don't eat fast food (drive thru's) but if I do I will always try to find a Chick Fil A. Not because of their food but because of their employees and their restaurants. Although I do like their chicken sandwich and the superfood salad.
    They have fast service and good service. The order takers speak plainly with good english, not some mumbled mess that I can't understand. The restaurants are clean and the employees are neatly dressed.
    The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything.
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

  8. #28
    Senior Member mplspug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Lake Mary
    Posts
    4,884
    Quote Originally Posted by joekat46 View Post
    We often stop at Chic on the way to Hobby Lobby (who aren't open Sundays either). Always have a suspicion so many of these OFF TOPIC posts are really trying a back door sneaky slide into Politics.
    Yes? (This isn't one of those sneaky post though)

    Quote Originally Posted by Soda Popinski View Post
    My wife hates McDonalds. I mean if I didn't run in there from time to time she would not eat there her entire life. But when we do go, she gets a crispy chicken sandwich and she likes it every time. But if i even breath the words chic fil a on an outing she's ready to go. I have no idea why. I do think it's some kind of image thing with women. McDonalds=Gross. Chic fil A=the classy fast food place.

    makes zero sense to me. But women make no sense to me. They have definitely fostered an image of cleanliness and consistency at all their stores. those two things sell big time with moms.
    Ok, that deeper dive helps speak more specifically to the popularity.

    At my age every few months I'll get McDonalds. I think it's the opposite, I feel like I am being naughty because my wife won't touch McDonald's, unless in desperation when she will have nuggets. Oh the thrill!

  9. #29
    Senior Member 1outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon bait View Post
    Agreed , you can have fast food or good food, but you can't have good fast food, quality takes time
    You have never been to a In and out then.....Simplistic menu and simplistic Awesome burger....The 4x4 is just ridiculous good.
    They have the same cult following....The line wrapped around the building!
    Jason

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Groveland
    Posts
    6,413
    Quote Originally Posted by mplspug View Post
    Yes? (This isn't one of those sneaky post though)



    Ok, that deeper dive helps speak more specifically to the popularity.

    At my age every few months I'll get McDonalds. I think it's the opposite, I feel like I am being naughty because my wife won't touch McDonald's, unless in desperation when she will have nuggets. Oh the thrill!
    Well she'll say something like "eew, McDonalds, they're so greasy".

    Uh, hon, you just ordered a fried chicken sandwich with waffle fries....fried...How is that not greasy?
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •