Snook kill - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snook kill

Too bad the hard freezes don't deter more Yankees moving to Florida. Don't know the numbers but likely the states population has easily double since 1983 and mostly along the coastal counties. AND a lot of them fish for snook too.

Saw two smaller ones dead at north end of IRL.

Did not see any Snook, but a school of Tarpon all dead, over a 100 fish. And lots of Cat fish. South end of Strickland creek. The Tarpon from 5 to 20 pounds, Sat the 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbletrail View Post
    same as flats said. fished eddy creek hoping the trout had moved into area during the cold, nothing, saw few dead sand trout, pinfish and small turtle. Fished surf, way to much grass, got one 12" whiting, went to haulover area, found dozen or so big snook dead, FWC was loading out, they had 5 turtles, said they only saw few dead snook. Really hard to believe when we saw the amount just a small area, also saw one 50-75lbs goliath dead.

Any dead Goliath is a win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by winderbill View Post
    good grief, please don't start another snook kill hysteria...a four inch slot, minimal season, and one fish limit aren't enough for ya? If you've lived in Florida for any reasonable length of time you'd know we average a hard freeze every 15 t0 20 years...just go ask any citrus grower. Do you really believe that closing the season following the 2010 kill, not allowing an angler to keep one fish in a four inch slot during 6 months out of the year had anything to do with the rapid recovery of the fishery? Certainly 2010 was a bad one, but not nearly as bad as some I've witnessed in my 60+ years living in Florida. 1983 was far worse and the fishery recovered within a year or so, with NO closures and rampant gill netting, just like it ALWAYS has since, I suspect, the beginning of time! Look, mother nature cleanses itself periodically to put balance back, in this case, the snook populations. When you see reports of anglers taking snook as far north as the St Mary's River you can probably bet a hard freeze is likely. So stop giving the snook guides more ammunition keep the fishery to themselves and their clients. They already have an accommodating fisheries commission that requires little evidence or justification to close a fishery.
    That must of been the yr it got down to zero in sw GA. I remember it I said today it was '82 or '83. If my memory is correct it was Christmas.

at haulover tueday about75- 100 dead snook in boat launch basin there is no current in the basin im sure the ones who died in the canal are just sweep away by the current dont see how many of them will make it thru this front (thursday )because the water temp was already low before it got here damn shame

Dammit, i agree...
    Hoping for better luck next time......

Quote Originally Posted by amberjak View Post
    at haulover tueday about75- 100 dead snook in boat launch basin there is no current in the basin im sure the ones who died in the canal are just sweep away by the current dont see how many of them will make it thru this front (thursday )because the water temp was already low before it got here damn shame
    Saw a video of a bunch dead in haulover.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12