Apalachicola dog hunting
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

Apalachicola dog hunting

planning a trip out there on Jan 23 thru 28 anyone hunted there or have any pointers far as good block areas to hunt have real good dogs and like to track hunt thanks in advance

Good Luck! A lot of Land and it can get busy that last weekend
    Director - Central Florida Dog Hunters & Sportsmans Association
    https://www.facebook.com/CFDHSA

I'll be up there the 27-30 Running my dogs. We go every year. It's all good land and fairly easy to stand off/cut off if you study the maps. The locals leave tires on chains out to drag the roads at night to check fresh tracks in the morning. Good luck it's a lot of fun up there!

Sounds like a awesome time. I haven't dog hunted since about 1980 in Ocala. One of these days I'm gonna have to hit ol' ASC up so my 9 year old can take part in one of these hunts. Y'all have fun up there and enjoy the hounds working.

Be prepared for half of S FL to be in the forest with you along with all of the locals. it's a big place but it gets crowded this time of the year. Also, don't drive off of a numbered road and get caught.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes

Quote Originally Posted by micci_man View Post
    Be prepared for half of S FL to be in the forest with you along with all of the locals. it's a big place but it gets crowded this time of the year. Also, don't drive off of a numbered road and get caught.
    I've only been going for 6 years now, but we've never felt crowded. There is A LOT of woods to hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mak View Post
    Sounds like a awesome time. I haven't dog hunted since about 1980 in Ocala. One of these days I'm gonna have to hit ol' ASC up so my 9 year old can take part in one of these hunts. Y'all have fun up there and enjoy the hounds working.
    Let me know, if I'm not working your welcome to come on over..
    Finally got the planets to align for next weekend with my god daughters to hunt with me (oldest is off to college in June), dog hunting and the comradeship it fosters is awesome.

Even for an old a-hole like me!
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.

Good luck. I've been up there twice. Its a lot of fun. I wish my family still had dogs, I miss it. Kinda spoiled shooting them out of a box blind in Texas though.