Grayís Taxidermy?!?!
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Grayís Taxidermy?!?!

Evertime I go to Pompano I always see this bug olí Grayís Taxidermy building or Global Replicas. Whatever itís called. I always wanted to go in cause it looks really cool, but never did.

I recently visited itís website and saw all the replicas, noticing you can get them in different sizes. Again, I thought they looked cool, and thought nothing of it.

But I didnít want to
    Purchase something from a place I didnít know too well, so I searched for reviews online.

HOLY COW! Letís just say the reviews were pretty Ugly! Is what they say true about this place?

Do you guys have any experiences or helpful knowledge about this place?

Thankyou

I know that they pay commissions to charter operations , so I see their name all over the place in Mexico , Central America etc . I haven't ever used them before . But I have used King sailfish mounts years ago with great results . Now I use these guys , and have been extremely satisfied with their work ...https://www.mountthis.net/

I have used them , was happy with the service if you want a mount I can get you 20% off listed price

Paying commissions to charter boats is a common industry practice. Many years ago I worked as a mate fishing out of the Boca Raton Hotel and we worked with JT Reese, and we received commissions as well.

Go to King Sailfish mounts. They also have molds for most fish and sizes and operate under a more modern method than the old school taxidermy shops where they gave large kickbacks to the charter boats.

Just had a mutton made and did some mid level research. King had the best looking design in my opinion. Mount this had a few decent ones but nothing comparable for a mutton.

Hi there,

I came across your question about Gray Taxidermy. I would like to welcome you to stop by our shop in Pompano Beach any time. Purchasing a Fish mount is in many ways similar to buying art and making sure that you are 100% satisfied with the product is upmost important to us. Yes, over the years we have had our share of negative reviews online. We build thousands of customized fish mounts each year and miscommunication may happen at times. However we take our customer service very seriously and are always trying to better ourselves. We have thousands of happy customers who can testify about our service and product and most of our customers are also repeat customers. To learn more and to get to know us better before making your decision, I would like to welcome you to our shop and see our work up close. We can give you a tour and answer any questions you may have. We are open Monday to Friday 9-5. This way you can compare the quality with others you see.

Thank You,
    Jonas

I personally had Gray's Taxidermy mount a wahoo my wife caught on honeymoon. It took a really long time for them to mount it and when they say crate cost "might be up to 24% of cost" or whatever it is, you can expect to pay that full amount. My mount was delayed a really long time and then I found out crating and shipping are two different things, so then I got hit for another $100 or so for shipping. When we caught the fish on the boat, we were estimated ~$800 for the mount. By the end of it, we paid well over $1000. If we were told this from the beginning it probably wouldn't have been a big deal but all the hidden fees they don't tell you about kind of ticked us off.

The mount itself was nice, it wasn't a mold of the fish we caught, it was just a generic wahoo mount that was the same length of the wahoo we caught.

It was my first experience mounting a fish and I probably won't do it again. It just wasn't what I expected.

Thankyou everyone for all of your posts, suggestions, and for sharing your experiences. Iím going to visit some of the websites of the companies you guys shared. And thank you also Jonas for the invitation to check out the Pompano store. When Iím down in April, Iíll pop on by.

Have a great week everyone!

You all do realize that the founder/Owner died a while ago. That may have something to do with the problems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast