UW-F Updates - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UW-F Updates

I was actually agreeing with you on that there needs to be better access.... so good job shooting down an ally!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinman View Post
    I was actually agreeing with you on that there needs to be better access.... so good job shooting down an ally!
    Are you a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by H20dad View Post
    Are you a woman?
    No but I sure know a **** when I see one! LOL

Ok Ok I'm soooo sorry for questioning your greatness in scouting the almighty FEB, Dad.

Please accept my sincere apologies mighty Dad. LOL

FWIW, I guessing your trying to draw people away from the walkon line so you have a better chance. I wouldn't mind at all if permits were increased and the walkon was done away with. Would allow me to sleep a bit more.
    Last edited by Pinman; 01-05-2018 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinman View Post
    No but I sure know a **** when I see one! LOL

Ok Ok I'm soooo sorry for questioning your greatness in scouting the almighty FEB, Dad.

Please accept my sincere apologies mighty Dad. LOL

Ouch...kicked right in the cloaca.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you

That is what we asked for originally....and the idea was to give the STA walk in "losers" a place to go...I do not believe having the FEB simply "open" will reduce the lines at the STAs...in fact might make them worse!...I believe the FEB will simply be run like the WCAs in time...the District moves step by step....When I ask the District to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for "recreation access" to these projects, we do have to move forward on the access at the pace the District is comfortable with....You should see the work now going into the massive EAA 1 and 2 Reservoirs...and the large Northern Storage Reservoirs and STAs, to establish recreation access and facilities....especially boat ramps which cost a Million Dollars apiece...UW-F is working on at least one major ramp..perhaps two on each Reservoir...You have to get the plans in the PIR being put together today so the funding is included by Congress...The last item is well over a decade away before construction, BUT UW-F started working on the current FEB, which does not have a large expensive boat ramp, but a number of pads and small ramps (cost a lot of money!) for the hunters (and anglers) in 2002! At that time NO public access was included in the plans....We have what we have at the FEB today because we started at the beginning lobbying for public access and duck hunting...

Dont they build their own boat ramps so THEY can run spray boats in those places?

Quote Originally Posted by N. Cook View Post
    That is what we asked for originally....and the idea was to give the STA walk in "losers" a place to go...I do not believe having the FEB simply "open" will reduce the lines at the STAs...in fact might make them worse!...I believe the FEB will simply be run like the WCAs in time...the District moves step by step....When I ask the District to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for "recreation access" to these projects, we do have to move forward on the access at the pace the District is comfortable with....You should see the work now going into the massive EAA 1 and 2 Reservoirs...and the large Northern Storage Reservoirs and STAs, to establish recreation access and facilities....especially boat ramps which cost a Million Dollars apiece...UW-F is working on at least one major ramp..perhaps two on each Reservoir...You have to get the plans in the PIR being put together today so the funding is included by Congress...The last item is well over a decade away before construction, BUT UW-F started working on the current FEB, which does not have a large expensive boat ramp, but a number of pads and small ramps (cost a lot of money!) for the hunters (and anglers) in 2002! At that time NO public access was included in the plans....We have what we have at the FEB today because we started at the beginning lobbying for public access and duck hunting...
    Thank you, Newton.

Is a new president going to be named or are you going to crown Newton Jones king? The direction of UWF needs to be changed! I nominate Alex or Jorge!

Quote Originally Posted by Chet View Post
    Is a new president going to be named or are you going to crown Newton Jones king? The direction of UWF needs to be changed! I nominate Alex or Jorge!
    Why not you Phil?
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you

It is not unusual for not for profits to have the same officers from year to year. UW-F has tried to bring in new Officers from the beginning, and, like most volunteer groups, has few "volunteers" willing to step up and take on the work....We set up three year terms for the Board Members, who can be renewed..and had a tradition of two years for the President who then went on to be Chairman of the Board for two years...That had to be "turned over" to a second series of service when no one put their name forward for the Presidency....We have several good candidates...but, like all of us they have jobs and families and have not felt comfortable with taking on the job.....Thankfully, Newton has "hung in there" and Dennis as Chair, as well.....UW-F, is no different than any volunteer group....5% of the Members do 90% of the work involved to manage the organization.....We do need some more "5%ers"!

I hope anyone interested in actually becoming involved in the hands on work UW-F does will come to the meeting next Saturday....you will be welcome for sure! There is service at all levels.....just helping do the cooking at a Youth Hunt, or set up the ball room at the Hilton for the WATERFOWL SUMMIT...or becoming the contact in a Region, Region Director, for UW-F and helping with info for RINGER NEWS....And...the one position we really need filled at this time is a MEMBERSHIP CHAIRMAN....to help plan how UW-F can grow in the future and establish programs and outreach to hunters....Do we have a volunteer????

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast