Tacker boats no haggle price question - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    basspro owns all the brands they sell.

Johnny Morris who owns bass pro owns mako, tracker, tahoe, triton, ranger, stratos, sun tracker and regency

BPS

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    why ? they have what im looking for, is there something wrong with buying from them ?
    No there nothing wrong with spending money at BPS,your money.But its quite
    obvious that the day BPS buys a company there intention is to be the bottom
    priced item.Example;Mako boats,there rods and reels.Mako boats made in 1980's
    heavier,better quality.Be real interesting to see what they do with Cabela's.
    Huge quality differences between BPS and Cabela's on there private labeled
    merchandise.
    I am not criticizing BPS,because many times they underprice Walmart and
    that's real hard to do.

If they have something you really love and cannot find used, do your own inspection. Bring a mechanics' extendable magnet and inspection mirror, and a flashlight. Look in the hidden places for things that are lagged instead of thru bolted with nylock nuts, inspect the wiring, bilge area, use the magnet to see if fasteners are really stainless or not.
    If they are not comfortable with this level inspection, you should not feel comfortable either.

All of the BPS owned boat brands are trying to go to the no haggle pricing. I can tell you I just ordered a new Ranger bass boat and got a significant discount off their online pricing they are trying to feed us. We buyers will decide if this one price approach works. If you need them for financing you are not in as a good position as if you have cash, no trade or have financing elseware. If the Tracker is exactly what you want well then you are at their mercy. Keep in mind Johnny Morris did not build the empire he has without profit margins that make a lot of businesses envious.

I saw one that had. Cooler mounted with drywall screws. The reason I noticed it was they left one in the boat and I looked hard to see if they really used them.