Pomps, bluefish and macks ?
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

Pomps, bluefish and macks ?

Any reports of any catches off the piers in Broward ?

Have not heard anything,but the surf
    is going to be nasty till the end of the week.

I'm in NE Florida and I can guarantee you they are headed your way after this storm. We've had pomps and blues until Christmas. Blues are still here but spreading south, pomps are surely headed south past Stuart right now. Keep us updated throughout if you don't mind, I visit Delray/Pompano monthly and would love to bring a couple surf rods and give it a go.

Will do thanks guys !!!

Fished back part of John u loyd state park today for some snapper and it was a bust. Bait of choice was live shrimp fished thru the tides with occasionally chumming and only thing that was hitting was tiny mangroves and small jacks nothing of size. Any tips on catching the groves this time of year ? Should I just wait till the summer to target them from land ?

I grew up in Ft.Lauderdale for 30years. All those spots are fished out and r he snapper are certainly what we call "dock smart" you will get a few newbies with shrimp but the bigger and smarter snapper are hanging on the outskirts looking in cautiously. If you want the bigger ones, you'll need a pinfish plug. Cut off the head and tail and use a palm size piece of fresh pinfish. I use zero to little weight, smaller hooks in the 1/0 range and trick them into taking one by free lining it in the current. Summer definitely better than winter in my opinion but mangroves are a year round staple in Florida.

Night better yet to for bigger mangroves.

Thanks guys for the info I have had my share of bigger snappers with live pilchards in that same area when the pilchards run in the summer but never really targeted them in the winter due to the scarcity of bait. Need to deff look into trying to get pinfish and try to give it a shot at night as well.