If you were buying this boat, would this concern you?
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If you were buying this boat, would this concern you?

102617L.jpg

I guess the reason you post a pic like this is because it's the worst looking part of your boat and you want to be up front about it? If I were to consider purchasing this boat I would have to pay for a survey anyway because I don't know enough to feel comfortable spending my money but I'm wondering if I should even throw away money on a survey. I'm guessing that it would be relatively inexpensive to replace these but if this is symptomatic of the how the boat has been cared for shouldn't I be worried? Maybe I answered my own question and that's what you pay the surveyor for?

Yep! I guess those are the fuel/water filters. They are either way past due to be replaced or saltwater has been getting to them to cause that much rust. I would give that boat a lot of careful scrutiny before buying and a test run for sure.

That’s a mess !
    Look at the wiring - it’s hanging freely,that’s not a good thing .the rust stains on those filters and fittings show either age,or a leak somewhere - gentleman that stated that is correct.notice the leaves and debris on top and around the washdown pump ?

all these things show poor maintenance practices - I would have a qualified individual check everything on that boat out - do this before anything !
    You want a Sea trial as well ! the motors need to be able to reach their full,rated RPM - if not,you want and need to know why.

finding a qualified individual isn't an easy task - a qualified surveyor,a qualified tech,for the motors,with required scan equipment - that's what's needed.spending money,for qualified people is a wise investment,it can avoid potentially huge costs

good luck sir - word of advice:

"proceed with caution"
    Last edited by squidvicious; 12-26-2017 at 06:21 AM.
    can we please stop using the word ISSUE ? it's a PROBLEM

When I bought my boat a few years ago; I went in expecting to replace all the wiring, pumps, hoses..
    I knew how, and it wasn't a big deal to do so. Plus, now I know where everything is. I'd almost rather do it myself so I know how.

You can use the lack of maintaince as a bargaining chip. I'd be concerned with the motors, fuel tanks and hull condition more so than the cosmetic stuff.

Typically if a boat is in poor cosmetic shape it's been maintained poorly as well.

don't know where the boat is, but if it were in the hurricanes path it could have been submerged partially and would have lots of corrosion issues in the wiring system. those seperators are a definite cause to be very skeptical. BUYER BEWARE!

Run from it, don't walk...That boat will give the saying "Break Out Another Thousand" a whole new meaning.
    Lead, Follow..... Just, Get Out of the Way

Quote Originally Posted by Topwater Guy View Post
    Run from it, don't walk...That boat will give the saying "Break Out Another Thousand" a whole new meaning.
    He's right,too many other boats,you don't have to settle for this.Unless its free!

That one picture is not enough info. All you know there is that you need some new filters & a little clean up of a few minor issues. The condition of the hull & motor(s) is what drives the value of the boat. Accessories can mean something too.

You are asking us to look at one branch on one tree & judge a Forrest.

that one picture says a thousand words. RUN FORREST RUN! .................................................. .................................................. ..........