How to Use a Bait Cannon to Catch Bull Reds
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How to Use a Bait Cannon to Catch Bull Reds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3J7uYrt2Yg

Details are in above video.

MathGeek details (Physics performance specs) are in this blog post:

Bait Cannon for Surf Fishing
    “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" - The Messiah

Pretty cool, but hanging a big breeder red vertically by her bottom jaw isn't good for the fish.
    You should have been here yesterday

Salty - Ever wonder where everyone went on here - look to yourself and the other irritating folks.

Math - Finally a good use for a potato cannon! Good way to apply technology. I didn't listen to the video - did you explain how to regulate the line flow off the reel?

I have too agree with Salty

Nothing wrong with pointing out when someone is violating laws or protocols.

Also nothing wrong with stopping to remember before you post...........not all who post here are fishing in Florida or under the same........sometimes overbearing and draconian fishing regs.

Them boys was in SW Weezi-Anna.........probably took fish home for dinner......ya mon dat be more better than good.
    Common sense ain't so common anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    Salty - Ever wonder where everyone went on here - look to yourself and the other irritating folks.

Math - Finally a good use for a potato cannon! Good way to apply technology. I didn't listen to the video - did you explain how to regulate the line flow off the reel?
    Sorry I offended or irritated you. Skin may be a little thin on this one. I didn't say "learn how to hold a redfish" or anything rude like that. Just pointed out it's not good for them to be handled that way. Most of the folks that hold them like that don't realize it's bad for them because they have been seeing pics for years with fish held like that. Some don't care. Again, not trying to be rude or hurt feelings, just pointing out it isn't good for them, which it isn't. Most seasoned fishermen (and women) know to hold a fish horizontally and support their weight.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBumpkin View Post
    Nothing wrong with pointing out when someone is violating laws or protocols.

Also nothing wrong with stopping to remember before you post...........not all who post here are fishing in Florida or under the same........sometimes overbearing and draconian fishing regs.

Them boys was in SW Weezi-Anna.........probably took fish home for dinner......ya mon dat be more better than good.
    Your right CB, maybe they did harvest it (gross), but still not good to show people the wrong way to hold a breeder imho. Too many newbs that are learning by watching vids like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltygatorvet View Post
    Pretty cool, but hanging a big breeder red vertically by her bottom jaw isn't good for the fish.
    Dem bull reds be feedin' da hungry. No need to throw the first one back in Louisiana. We got plenty of breeders here.
    “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" - The Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post

We're using a level wind. A buddy walks out to the side pulling the needed line of the reel to a specified distance. The clicker is engaged so it doesn't backlash if the cast takes off a few more yards. Easy Peasy. Various approaches to reduce operation to 1 man: clothes pin, etc. 80 lb power pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltygatorvet View Post
    Sorry I offended or irritated you. Skin may be a little thin on this one. I didn't say "learn how to hold a redfish" or anything rude like that. Just pointed out it's not good for them to be handled that way. Most of the folks that hold them like that don't realize it's bad for them because they have been seeing pics for years with fish held like that. Some don't care. Again, not trying to be rude or hurt feelings, just pointing out it isn't good for them, which it isn't. Most seasoned fishermen (and women) know to hold a fish horizontally and support their weight.
    I could care less how he or you or I hold fish. It is just that almost every fish post gets a "hold it right" post or two or three. Do you really think someone is going to change their habits cause you told 'em to?

You seem to have been here before they changed the whole website and made us change our handles and all that. It was a lot more fun on here back then. Not so much since. Few fish reports, absolutely no info on what's biting, no fun or funny posts, etc. It is pretty lousy actually.

Time to contact PETA - Boga grips KILL fish!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast