FYI - Navionics Launches Post Irma South FL Remapping Effort - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This is what my GPS shows the way I would run around with it. And with photos on, there are no contours at all even with all map features on.

And this is a new card I got last year after the new photos were advertised as so much better. Well, there is nothing new here on the photos. This photo looks to be the better part of 10 yrs old and is nearly useless. And it is not atypical. Most of the photos are like this. So disappointed to have spent the money for a Plat+ product where so much of it is so out of date and wrong. To me, its just a depth contour map more than anything else. I am sure I could have spent a lot less to get a map only.

Because of this, I only consider looking at it on the rare occasions I might fish offshore. Inshore, in this area or any area like it there far better options available now that have everything updated and accurately presented with recent Google like photos. That works much better around the inshore areas of Florida for fishing. But I appreciate you letting me know to turn off the photos to get a better read when I might use it again running offshore on a calm day.
    Last edited by Skinny Running; 01-04-2018 at 01:57 PM.

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to check some things out. Just out of curiosity, When did you originally buy your chip? The satellite portion of the chart will not change when you update your chip. It's on a different layer that is untouchable.

But the jetty should show up when you have the satellite off.

For what it's worth, that jetty shows up on everything I've looked at the past few days. And now, of course, it won't let me upload the screenshot of that!

Quote Originally Posted by mikenav View Post
    Sorry for the delay, I wanted to check some things out. Just out of curiosity, When did you originally buy your chip? The satellite portion of the chart will not change when you update your chip. It's on a different layer that is untouchable.

But the jetty should show up when you have the satellite off.

For what it's worth, that jetty shows up on everything I've looked at the past few days. And now, of course, it won't let me upload the screenshot of that!
    Mike
    I got the updated new chip you had promoted last year. It has the updated images you had advised last year were now released on the Plat+ as part of an update. You posted some examples last year of some places. They are not the greatest but those are on. This is the latest as far as I know. If you go into a West Marine and ask to see what the latest is to load into a unit, the Jetty is not on there just like what I got. If you have now updated it again, there are still lots of packages in stores with cards just like the one I got being sold. Also, spare us (I see it on my IPAD). I don't know if its on that or not but it makes no difference. Most use GPS chartplotters with chips and if you bought that the fact it might be updated somewhere on an app somewhere else does nothing to address the problem.

I never did it before but turned off the photos and now can see the Jetty. But that is not why I got this product and that is not the way I would ever use it. I was hoping the new one would have this fixed but found last year it was its pretty much the same as the card from a few years ago. Really no really meaningful changes at all that I could see. A few photos are different but the photos and accuracy and detail around close to shore remain the same and honestly its overall poor and its consistent from the north to the south. The "hope the users do the updates good" plan hasn't worked so well and it has been in place for a long time. I am not sure why you believe this new push for general public users to send in data would produce any different results and fix all of the map problems when they have been doing such a mediocre job for so long. Some of us are much more interested in everything else as opposed to just 1' contours in deep passes and the ocean. An up to date of photo of a Primary Jetty that has been there for years would be a good start. They are still selling chips with this glaring problem and there are plenty of other issues like this on that card as well all over the place. Its really not about the jetty. We all know where it is even if its not on the card. It should be for sure but its the stuff that is not so obvious all over that is much more important and missing as well. The public is not going to do it even close to completely and get it right. If there was any hope for that, you would see it on the current chip and I didn't see it. Literally at hundreds of navigation features sticking up all over the place just in the glades missing. And they have been there there a long time for so many to update but its not updated. Same thing up in the big bend areas. Same thing around the Space coast and lagoon. Same thing all around Captiva or Punta Gorda or whereever else I have been over the last couple of years. Just sayin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12