Arrests made in shark dragging case - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Soda Popinski nails it.

My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Soda Popinski View Post
    I agree they 100% acted like jack-zzes doing what they were doing. I just hope the charges clarify more than intent because arresting someone for intent is a slippery slope. They definitely deserve some form of punishment, I just don't really know what laws they broke. Cruelty to animals I guess? IDK. I'm not a LEO.
    Well animal cruelty is exactly what law enforcement is charging them with, so that's a safe bet.

The fact each of them is hit with 2 charges plus the "illegal method of take" misdemeanor makes me think they're being hit for more than just what they did to that shark. The one guy has uploaded numerous images of handling tarpon illegally.

edit: A few other news sites added "- Shark" to the end of each charge indicating they were all related to the shark video (or any other shark videos/pics they shared), but the official FWC document indicates that only the "illegal method of take" charge is related to sharks.

https://content.govdelivery.com/acco...letins/1cbc181

I guess we'll know more soon enough
    Last edited by TwinTurboJosh; 12-13-2017 at 12:48 PM.

More results of bad parenting leading to low life young adults. Daddy had better learn a lesson here too that letting his immature son use the boat was a very bad idea. True sportsmen (and women) do not need this sort of publicity staining the reputations of the vast majority who cherish the outdoors and all of the special opportunities it offers.

I hope they throw the book at these jerks!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinTurboJosh View Post
    Well animal cruelty is exactly what law enforcement is charging them with, so that's a safe bet.

The fact each of them is hit with 2 charges plus the "illegal method of take" misdemeanor makes me think they're being hit for more than just what they did to that shark. The one guy has uploaded numerous images of handling tarpon illegally.

edit: A few other news sites added "- Shark" to the end of each charge indicating they were all related to the shark video (or any other shark videos/pics they shared), but the official FWC document indicates that only the "illegal method of take" charge is related to sharks.

https://content.govdelivery.com/acco...letins/1cbc181

I guess we'll know more soon enough
    You really think this is going to be about the tarpon too? See this is the problem...everyone starts sack riding witch hunting and starts agreeing with all the PETA idiots. Maybe they'll just ban all sport fishing because why torture the bait and fish for our enjoyment.

I don't disagree that they kids are total ****** bags but a felony? Get real...Like I said, I'll get a copy of the direct information and it's probably more about the sea birds than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by FusionZ06 View Post
    You really think this is going to be about the tarpon too? See this is the problem...everyone starts sack riding witch hunting and starts agreeing with all the PETA idiots. Maybe they'll just ban all sport fishing because why torture the bait and fish for our enjoyment.

I don't disagree that they kids are total ****** bags but a felony? Get real...Like I said, I'll get a copy of the direct information and it's probably more about the sea birds than anything.
    At this point since the 2 counts of animal cruelty are the charges without an animal attached, my guess would be that it's for dragging the one shark, and putting another shark into a swimming pool. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by FusionZ06 View Post

Totally agree with you. What if in the future someone videos a bad release and the fish clearly dies? Is this animal cruelty? This is a bad precedent to set for the sport of fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by area52 View Post
    Totally agree with you. What if in the future someone videos a bad release and the fish clearly dies? Is this animal cruelty? This is a bad precedent to set for the sport of fishing.
    Your attempt at a comparison is like comparing apples and oranges

Stop jumping the shark people...

...so to speak.

Good to see these kids being prosecuted. I hope they throw the book at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Westwall01 View Post
    Your attempt at a comparison is like comparing apples and oranges
    You are wrong in your analysis. This is unprecedented and the PETAs of the world will start to make comparisons like that. Inch by inch.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast