Mormon leases buck harvest rules??? - Page 9
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Quote Originally Posted by binellishtr View Post
    Hey guess what... plenty of bucks slip around long enuff and either got a pass, or U never saw them. Happens everywhere. Ban cameras and get back to hunting. They are ruining the sport IMO
    YUP...Camera's on high pressure land is shooting yourself in the foot IMHO. Too many visits to an area checking the cards defeats the purpose of sneaking in there unnoticed and ambushing the animal. How many public land hunters really do harvest a targeted buck using a camera...*I* don't know but I don't think it would be very many.

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZL View Post
    YUP...Camera's on high pressure land is shooting yourself in the foot IMHO. Too many visits to an area checking the cards defeats the purpose of sneaking in there unnoticed and ambushing the animal. How many public land hunters really do harvest a targeted buck using a camera...*I* don't know but I don't think it would be very many.
    I put sat cams out comes straight to my phone . Only time I go in is to change batteries . And to say people going in every couple weeks to check cams hurts the hunting area I think is wrong . It way better then guys walking around scouting places out constantly . Especiallly on high pressure areas the deer are use to people and most bucks will just bed down or circle around ,
    living life as i like

Quote Originally Posted by Dshaw94 View Post
    I read that article and it made less than zero sense. Don't allow deer to mature because it will give them more time to spread the prions that cause CWD. They say the prions can exist for many years in the environment. So they suggest to just shot all the deer young??? Before they have a chance to contract the disease, before they have a chance to procreate? So basically there CWD management strategy is eradication? That makes perfect sense, What was I thinking.
    Apparently British Columbia has serious concerns regarding even CWD infected urine (buck lure) getting in their country. https://apps.nrs.gov.bc.ca/ahte/cont...ng-or-trapping

Gator

Feel free to call if you like.

We speak with Joey and one of the biologist quite a bit. They measure deer at our place quite often.

Here are the facts I can tell you. Size and quality of horns has improved.

In my opinion there are still plenty of deer that are killed that are 3.5. (I killed one last year that aged at 3.5 and scored 120 and change).

But overall putting teeth in shooting young bucks has worked.

My opinion is that on many clubs they don’t kill enough does.
    But that is opinion only.

On our club we have killed 5 bucks. All but one made criteria and all were approx 110-100.

The 4.5 and 5.5 year olds were killed by my son and weighed 189 and 192 respectively.

Personally I like the criteria and think it’s working to grow larger bucks.

Now if they turn it to corporate or increase the price is a whole different topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Capt. Grayson Padrick
    www.centralfloridatrophyhunts.com
    Alligator Hunts, Alligator Hunting Equipment, Alligator and Wild Game Processing

What happens when we run out of these so called big bucks? Do we close it down until they grow up again

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789