Offshore wrecks on Navionics card?
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

Offshore wrecks on Navionics card?

I was noticing quite a few marked wrecks offshore on my Lowrance using Navionics card. For those of you using the Navionics card, what's been your experience fishing these wrecks? Seemed like quite a few of them from just a few miles out to 30-50 miles out and beyond.

My experience has been good, lots of marked reefs and wrecks on my navionics card. it has been a major help to me anyway.

I've gone over a few marked wrecks and found nothing there
    You should have been here yesterday

I have a Navionics and have noticed some of the same issues. My range has lately been only up to a few miles off the beach. I usually try to circle around a marked wreck a few times if I haven't hit it before and I generally don't even find a rough spot on the sand, much less any structure. My guess is that the "wreck" is picked up by Navionics from old navigation charts that haven't been updated in a few years. After a tropical storm or two, or stronger, a lot of things get covered up or broken up. I've also noticed that Navionics has several artificial reefs misnamed in the Clearwater area -- a problem if you're trying to cross reference by name. All in all, however, not major issues.

Im with LMK. Overall these are the best charts to me and are an over the top help to me on and off the water. This is why I believe the community edits feature and updating my card regularly is BIG to the success of my charts. These charts change everyday somewhere. Contours, reefs, etc... are added, things are corrected, etc.... I know I have a lot of fishing buddies that have never registered or updated their chart card let alone their actual gps unit.