Super moon and fishing - Page 3
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Full moon = night time snapper

For pelagics, I have a theory that most fish feed during the night around the moon. Just my theory. The exception in my experience is of course bottom fishing at night. I tend to see the same thing inshore during the winter, particularly with redfish.

You need to check out the Northeast section. Boat hammered 15-16 hoo and left them biting (in the Northeast fishing report, Check it out). Guys that went cobia fishing also crushed them. Two boats that I know of did great on sails, one boat got 7 sails and the other went 8-10. All these reports were from Saturday Dec, 2 If what we are seeing up here is any indication of what is heading south, you guys should be very happy in the months to come.

Quote Originally Posted by capcioffi View Post
    You need to check out the Northeast section. Boat hammered 15-16 hoo and left them biting (in the Northeast fishing report, Check it out). Guys that went cobia fishing also crushed them. Two boats that I know of did great on sails, one boat got 7 sails and the other went 8-10. All these reports were from Saturday Dec, 2 If what we are seeing up here is any indication of what is heading south, you guys should be very happy in the months to come.
    Seems a bit off topic. ^^

Anyways, have been out quite a bit lately, once BBI and 2x Hillsboro this week. IMO also the moon kills the day pelagic bite, and the bottom bite often too. Water is clearing up a lot, especially in Hillsboro, but we got rain coming so...

Got one nice grouper and a bunch of skipjacks out of the ocean, some kings last week. Only thing that seems to bite at all is the hoos, some have been caught. This super moon was 99%, 100% and then 99% full on the day after the full moon...so really 3 full moons in a row. lol

Swords are chewing at night right now!
    I heard of a Jupiter boat with 1100 lbs last night or night before.

Hoping the cold front is going to get the sailfish moving in numbers off Jupiter/Palm Beach this weekend

Hooked a sail yesterday. Mahi were not present. West wind in the morning.... Trash can slam of bottom fish and many ufo cut offs.... Should pick up through the weekend I would think...
    Fisherman, outdoors enthusiast, and software geek (not necessarily in that order, depending on the day)
    www.makologic.com
    patrick@makologic.com

Formerly TxToFl...

I usually would wait until the afternoon to go trolling during the full moon. Found a school of Dolphin one time as the sun was going down. We left them still chewing by the light of the moon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123