Super moon and fishing
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Super moon and fishing

Curious as to what y'all have seen with full moons and pelagic fishing. I've had mixed results on days before and after a full moon. Obviously wahoo turns on around the moons, but sails and mahi seem to turn off. Have y'all seen the same? Planning to get out tomorrow hoping the moon doesn't kill the bite. I'm curious to see if anyone did well today...
    Fisherman, outdoors enthusiast, and software geek (not necessarily in that order, depending on the day)
    www.makologic.com
    patrick@makologic.com

Formerly TxToFl...

Junior Member AttitudeIndicator's Avatar
    Well I was going to make a thread but Iíll post here instead..Got skunked, very little flying fish inside of 300í I lost a nice Yozuri Bonita after only a couple hours #9 wire was cut clean. seemed like it was slow on the radio also.... although it was way better than sitting at home 🍺 👍🏼

Same here.... skunked out of FP besides Bonita and a king on the way in 70’. Pushed out to 370’ with zero signs of fishy water. Did some
    Live bait bump trolling in : 150,200,275 with no results. Radio was slow here as well, heard of one dolphin in 200’

Ran out of Boynton to check conditions - dirty, green water out past 200í, no signs of life whatsoever. Hopefully that blue water pushes back in soon

Kilin me! I was hoping someone would report that they beat the full moon curse. .oh well I'll be out there anyway...
    Fisherman, outdoors enthusiast, and software geek (not necessarily in that order, depending on the day)
    www.makologic.com
    patrick@makologic.com

Formerly TxToFl...

Hey P,

I've never done well ON a full moon troll or bottom.
    Seems to die 36-48 hours each side .
    Might try wed or thur

Very slow out of Boca for me today. 3 kings: 5-8lbs on the planer. 1 baby bonita.

I think it matters if the moon is up during the night or if it is a dark night. Today, I intentionally got a late start since the moon was bright all night. I only caught bonita and skipjack.

Lots of life south of the juno pier this afternoon in 110'-150'. Great bottom bite and dolphin were there too. Lots of bait and fish busting the surface. Heard of sails caught in the same area. I'll say go for it!

What was the water quality like down in Boca @mmedrano?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast