Fiddler crabs ?..
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

Fiddler crabs ?..

Trying to get some SHEEPSHEAD bait (fiddlers) everyone here in Cape Canaveral and cocoa beach are out..Anybody have any suggestions??

If you look on the Northeast General Fishing Forum here on 11-17-17 there are detailed instructions on how to catch your own.

Have you tried that place off 520 and banana river drive? Also in my opinion I think sand fleas work just as good if not than fiddlers, plus they have less extremities for them to nibble off.

My buddy got all he needed last week at a bait shop in Titusville

Not trolling here, I found out while putting sprinklers in the back yard, the canal sheep head LOVE a big juicy earth worm.

Similar to the sandflea comment they absolutely slurp the worm down so hookups are really easy.

Now this was sight fishing them by my dock pylons but never had one turned down....to bad all the fish died off in the canal havent seen a sheephead since(south cocoa beach)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewthe1 View Post
    Not trolling here, I found out while putting sprinklers in the back yard, the canal sheep head LOVE a big juicy earth worm.

Similar to the sandflea comment they absolutely slurp the worm down so hookups are really easy.

Now this was sight fishing them by my dock pylons but never had one turned down....to bad all the fish died off in the canal havent seen a sheephead since(south cocoa beach)
    I concur. Go to the bait store or sporting goods store and get some night crawlers or red worms. Sheepies love them and since they are slurping/swallowing them, there is less incidence of bait stealing than when they are chomping off bits and pieces of fiddlers and fleas.

I have seen fiddlers at times along the banks of the access road leading to the canaveral locks. I also used to do quite well with spider crabs. Haven't done it in a while but I caught them with regularity by flipping rocks over along the edges of the causeways.
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent, I'll probably waste..."
    -- Tug McGraw on getting a raise

Get Down Fishing Charters - Port Canaveral, Florida

get a small plastic container with six inch sides and bury it level at any mud flat fiddlers frequent. Take any fresh fish and squeeze blood on the sand surrounding the container and put a chunk in the container itself. Give it a few hours and return before the tide comes up and floods the trap and it should be full of fiddlers as they can't climb the plastic container's sides to escape.