Really thought I snagged a gator... - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thats a slob, nice catch.

Nice ! I sure hope he swam away to make baby Snook.

that there be a slob fish

My son has a theory that big old beasts like that no longer breed. He thinks they just find a happy spot up in the river and grow old and fat. Most of the fish in the inlet are not that large. We have caught large snook way up in the river when they are supposed to be hanging out in the inlet making babies.

Fireman Bill

Really nice snook .

jeez Louise what a pig. congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman Bill View Post
    My son has a theory that big old beasts like that no longer breed. He thinks they just find a happy spot up in the river and grow old and fat. Most of the fish in the inlet are not that large. We have caught large snook way up in the river when they are supposed to be hanging out in the inlet making babies.
    I have to disagree the biggest Snook are caught in the Inlet during the summer. Looking forward to next summer to see if we top our PB of over 45".

Congrats on the slob. They feel like monsters back in the skinny water and lighter tackle.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"

Thanks. Caught on an X-rap, 14# main line and 40# leader on an old Penn 712z. She just hugged the bottom and did circles around the boat. Pretty miraculous I landed her. When she finally showed herself my wife said “omg it’s one of those sturgeon things!”. The photo doesn’t do the belly justice, that fish was probably full of little bass, snapper, mullet, and white bait. Definitely bigger than anything I’ve personally seen pulled from the inlet or ocean. Revived and swam away.

Btw, I estimated her at 50”, wouldn’t be surprised if it was closer to 55”. I’m 5’11” 205# for reference.

Awesome catch! Just got my personal best snook last month. We were shocked by what came to the surface as well. Congrats!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12