The Pompano are moving south( slightly) - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i fish the stuart causeway & the hutchinson island beaches also. catching good numbers on the causeway but only shorts from the beaches. my Commercial buddies are catching TONS in the St. Lucie river but they won't tell me where! looking forward to the legal pomps showing up on the beach.

i fish the stuart causeway & the hutchinson island beaches also. catching good numbers on the causeway but only shorts from the beaches. my Commercial buddies are catching TONS in the St. Lucie river but they won't tell me where! looking forward to the legal pomps showing up on the beach.

I'm thinking about going to Playalinda tomorrow, just not sure about how strong the wind will be! Whenever I'm out surf fishing I tend to struggle with my line fouling up with sea weed almost every cast and the current pushing my bait in. I have a 9 foot rod, is that enough for surf fishing? I know the solution to my second problem is getting a heavier pyramid weight.

Nothing from Middle Cove down to Stuart beach from what I hear, going to give Santa Lucia a shot in the am, piss poor year so far, was scoring good from September on last year. Fished with a commercial buddie 2 weeks ago and pulled 44 in the river, nothing from the beach yet.

Mangrove 9' rod long enough. Try using the Sputnick weight

6 pomps at Santa Lucia today, heard the bite was better at Stuart beach. By the way I fish 13 footers, fish are out pretty far.

Fished at the end of my street again in Ormond on Tuesday 12/12. Caught 3 nice bull whiting. Tied my biggest one at 17". The others were 15". Caught a few more medium sized whiting, one short pompano and some blues. Had 3 cut offs, lost 3 sputniks which sucks but managed to snag one back on my last cast. I'm thinking the pompano run has passed south of my area. Will try again Saturday.

I don't know Larry, but I've seen his posts for years. Like someone said he won't answer your questions or comment on other posts. I don't think he's much of a computer guy, but I would love to spend a day fishing with this guy. I love pomps, but unfortunately I suck at catching them. Larry pretty much catches them every day of the dang year. He's definitely the pompano king of Florida.

Holy smokes I've seen this guy give a sheepshead/fiddler crap seminar at the Florida sportsman expo a couple years back. Guy was cooler than clams and funny to boot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12