Anna Maria Thanksgiving Trip - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by suprasteve View Post
    Close to Manatee, a couple options are nearby. Both sides of the causeway leading out to the island (by Kingfish boat ramp) are potential shore fishing spots. Can wade out on the flat on the south side or fish from the docks at the boat ramp on the north. Keep following Manatee towards town, and there's a small pier on north side and a low bridge when you get to Palma Sola. Another low bridge between Palma Sola and the island at the south end of Robinson Preserve, accessible from NE side. You also have the city pier and rod and reel pier on the north end of the island, but might be a 15 minute drive.
    Thatís great. Thanks a lot
    Do you have any recomendations on colors/patterns of bucktail jigs to tie? I have most of the popular colors i think

Honestly, 99% of my fishing is live or cut bait, so can't help you much on colors. Normally gold/copper colors are a good choice for our water clarity, but the water has actually been really clean lately. I might lean towards white/silver, and would suggest some flurocarbon leader.

Caught 2 snook, one around 20-25 inches and one smaller one. The smaller one broke off when I was unhooking him and swam off with my super spook down his mouth... bought another one and went back out and only snagged a striped mullet, better than nothing I guess. Tried my bucktails I made but it was too shallow and too many weeds to use them at all.
    Trying another spot shortly maybe Iíll be able to use some jigs there
    Thanks for the spot recomendations suprasteve!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12