REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Quote Originally Posted by dcr View Post
    I get a lot of stuff from Austin Kayak
    www.AustinKayak.com
    Thanks, I will check them out!
    AKA Jiggin Junkie

II Chronicles 7:14

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclist View Post
    https://www.wenonah.com/Canoe-Design.aspx

Check out this page. It discusses initial stability, final stability and hull design. It is for canoes but the design plays out in kayaks as well. Krash talked about it in his post. Basically rounder the bottom the initial stability feels tippy and rocks but is actually more stable the farther you lean and in waves. Flat bottom has high initial stability which means it feels stable, but in waves and leaning it is actually much more tippy. The trick with a rounder bottom and less initial stability is to have confidence in the hull and to move your body with the boat and waves. Test rides are great, but also knowing the difference between a boat that may FEEL tippy versus a boat that IS tippy.

This site talks about these principles in kayak hulls.
    http://www.austinkayak.com/blog/2012...-hull-designs/

Way too much info for any sane person (non engineer) to digest.
    https://www.guillemot-kayaks.com/gui...ayak_stability
    Thanks for the links. Some of it is good information.
    AKA Jiggin Junkie

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Quote Originally Posted by Spineyman View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a website to buy good quality used accessories, such as paddles, stakeout poles etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For that one, IDK, its usually a matter of doing some serious google searches, craigs-list, and track down as many paddle sites as possible check their classifieds, and word of mouth... make "want to buy" "WTB" post.
    Most sites have rules about recommending other sites, as its hard enough to get traffic much less keep it but some people will respond with I saw one if you ask. Many people may send PM's with links to other sites.
    Old ****** who just likes to fish

I own 2 older model native ultimates, 14.5 and 16. I use them both as solo yaks and only fish skinny waters. Their tunnel hull design makes them super stable and they track really well. You can usually find them in the $500-$1,000 range on craigslist. I'm surprised I am the first to recommend them on your thread. They are sit-in kayaks, but the fact that you fish similar waters as myself led me to ad my 2 cents. You can get super skinny with them and the seats also make them some of the most comfortable kayaks on the market. I'd definitely recommend to demo one before you make your decision.

Goon, I tried the Native Slayer propel and you couln't give me that boat for free. Nothing personal but I did not at all feel comfortable in it. I also have a length problem where I am going to have to store it. 13 feet is really pushing it.
    AKA Jiggin Junkie

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567