Are Things About to Get Stank Again in the Middle East? - Page 12
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
    Quote Originally Posted by dave44 View Post
    But I feel bad for the people that feel they need to belittle them
    I prefer apathy

Quote Originally Posted by Tarponator View Post
    Well thank you for the correction, and I apologizing for suggesting otherwise.

My ego is hardly tiny, however, but what does your post to me say about your own?
    I believe it means I think you may be missing a lug nut or 2?

Most successful people I know are forward-looking students of history -- the self-made ones almost without exception.

There's a difference between caring about one's past and making excuses or using it as a crutch.

It must be tough knowing you're 1/4 "inept", as you put it. Explains a lot, in fact.

Tell us more about this grandparent. I'm curious now.
    First it is grandparents not grand parent. My grandfather on my father's side was half Cherokee. My grandmother on my mom's side was half Cherokee.
    My grandfather was one of the greatest men I have known. He was wheelchair bound due to severe arthritis by the time I have any memories of him. He was in constant pain but never once let it be known. He managed and grew the farm from his chair on the front porch. He would use old ww2 binoculars to observe cattle, check on crops and keep tabs on everything and everyone. On Sunday afternoons he would set outside under the front yard trees and hold court. Farmers and friends from all over would come and seek his council.

He along with my dad and uncles grew the farm from a lot with a shed and worn out house into the original footprint of the family operation. He taught me perseverance and how to manage from strength regardless of the circumstances you face.

My grandmother was just that. A wonderful and simple lady who raised my mom and four sisters along side my grandfather on mom's side on a modest 80 acre farm.

Neither ever complained or even mentioned any slight their Cherokee heritage had produced.

Most successful people I know are forward-looking students of history -- the self-made ones almost without exception.

There's a difference between caring about one's past and making excuses or using it as a crutch.

It must be tough knowing you're 1/4 "inept", as you put it. Explains a lot, in fact.

Tell us more about this grandparent. I'm curious now.
    I never said the Cherokee were inept. I said that it is foolish for people who are inept today to look to the past for something or someone to blame.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112